Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Forums *Member Down*

dibblejr

Many of us know Jerry72 here on the forums.

On 15 Sept he was involved in a head on collision the results being from the other driver who was drunk and has been arrested.

Though I didn't set up the GoFundMe account it was sent to me and I asked LOR Admins for their permission to post it here. (granted)

I wont get into his family but a little background is posted on the GoFundMe account and it is heartbreaking at best.

For anyone that reads this that received face sequences from me and offered to donate to me, this would be perfect. I and many others here consider Jerry a friend.

https://www.gofundme.com/jerry-thompsons-medical-and-family

I am sure any contributions will be greatly appreciated.

JR

[Admin edit to correct date, as mentioned in future post.]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry I mis typed. The accident happened on 15 Sept not 19.

No edit button to fix it.

Also it turns out that the guy had no insurance and suspended license. Go figure. I imagine he's probably a repeat offender that should be locked up before he takes someone out for good.

Actual news article ~ https://www.ktvz.com/news/osp-bend-man-may-face-charges-in-hwy-20-crash/796431765

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Thank you both. I Wil be in a long care facility for 3 months.I am lucky y I be alive but while my babies almost lost their daddy the guy that did this is walking around free.

• Sad 2

Glad to see that you are functional enough to be here on the forum!  My best wishes for your recovery.

Having been hit by a drunk when I was 16, I have NO sympathy for them.  They belong under the jail... :)

Hang in there Jerry, I know exactly what you are going to go through. Back in 2005 I was in a IED explosion in Iraq, both legs broken, broken left arm, crushed pelvis and shot three times. It is a long road to recovery but you will get there. We are all with you brotha.

2 minutes ago, sysco said:

Does anyone know if he has a pay pal account.     i f you send it as a gift they wont take anything off it is this true   Blair

Gifts have no fees thru Paypal.

It sucks that this happened to you Jerry, but it is good to know that your babies still have thier daddy.

Be nice to your nurses, they can make a bad day better. ?‍⚕️?

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Alan...

16 hours ago, default said:

It sucks that this happened to you Jerry, but it is good to know that your babies still have thier daddy.

Be nice to your nurses, they can make a bad day better. ?‍⚕️?

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Alan...

I had one nurse who stood here for almost20 minutes while I cried after talking to my kids.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 7:26 PM, sysco said:

Jerry have sent money let me know that you received  it   Blair

We got it, thank you very much.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after 25 days in the hospital and another 10 days in a transitional therapy home, I am finally back home. Still got a very long road ahead. Won't start walking until middle of December. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

I would like to ask a favor of all my friends here. Halloween is my wife's favorite holiday. With be not being able to do her show this year, I would like to try and make her feel a little special. Would any of you be willing to send my wife a Halloween card? Thank you.

Raenee Thompson 
Po box 568
Siletz OR 97380

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Have not updated this in awhile. Thank you to anyone who sent cards, it brightened her day a lot. Even the kids got a kick from seeing the cards. She got a 50 cards. So I am home, still in a wheel chair. Start PT next week. Hoping to be walking by Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, we were planning to be dark this year, but we are going to try to put a small display, just th e mega tree, signing faces, window and fence line.

• Like 3