Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone in the Cincinnati Area?

dgrant

I just read a news story that a young boy, terminally ill and with about 2 months to live, loves Christmas. His family and neighbors got together and put up Christmas decorations but two vandals slashed and ruined them. Yes, they were caught but the young boy's early Christmas was spoiled. If anyone here, has extra time and possibly a controller or two and quick way to make it possible to enhance this boy's early Christmas, please check for the news story. I saw it on MSN. I don't think this forum allows us to post links here. I know we're all busy getting ready for our own shows but in this case, this is something needed.

I saw this and put out a call to Arms on Instagram. Unfortunately I'm not in that area but I also posted this on Jr's post as well...

I just put out screenshots of the Articles and a back story on my Instagram page (Lightuptheholidays) to help spread the word for those in the lighting Community to try to get in touch with this family to put on a display like no other. I understand it's crunch time for most of us but anyone in that area this is the childs last chance of seeing any of this. If anyone in the area can help this weekend or next weekend whatever please try to get in touch with that family or the news stations since obviously they know where the family lives and contact them to put on a show for them. this story is a real tear-jerker for me and I truly wish I had the finances to go to Cincinnati right now but sadly we just do not at this time. but I put a post up trying to encourage others to share it as well to get the word out so hopefully this little boy's family can see the generosity and the love in the lighting community.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

1 hour ago, dgrant said:

I just read a news story that a young boy, terminally ill and with about 2 months to live, loves Christmas. His family and neighbors got together and put up Christmas decorations but two vandals slashed and ruined them. Yes, they were caught but the young boy's early Christmas was spoiled. If anyone here, has extra time and possibly a controller or two and quick way to make it possible to enhance this boy's early Christmas, please check for the news story. I saw it on MSN. I don't think this forum allows us to post links here. I know we're all busy getting ready for our own shows but in this case, this is something needed.

Looks like we both posted about the same story at the same time.

I don't think LOR has a problem with links to stories like this. I posted the link and its still up, but they may still be sleeping. LOL (if there is such a thing as the highly over rated sleep in this hobby)

JR

Someone up there please try to help this young boy who is terminal. Stop worrying about the teenagers who trashed things instead worry about doing something special for the young boy

• The topic was locked