Light-O-Rama Forums

Help with purchased sequences

kbrowne

Hello,

I have recently purchased some prebuilt sequences and i need to change the number of units and channels to 32. Also in the the LOR software do you have to run the purchased sequences through the editor to connect it with the music file or is there another way? last year the software from LOR had the lms file and the music file in the show creator now its different. Any help?

Thanks

Whether or not you can modify a sequence depends on the type of sequence you purchased. Most places sell two types like LORs "Ready-To-Go" sequences which are locked and can't be changed and cost a little less and "You-Can-Modify" which are unlocked and cost more. It all comes down to what you purchased.

As far as the music, most places do not include music with the sequences because of the licensing requirements. However, they usually will leave a link or something to where you can go and purchase the music that was used in the sequencing. Once you purchase the music you then have to link it to the sequence.

Edited by Mr. P

Hello,

The sequences are fully editable and I have purchased the music. I have everything I need to create a show however LOR does not have any information on how to do this. LOR has told me any several emails that it is simple to do but i can find it no where.

I have 2 basic questions,

I have an lms file sequence and a music file that matches, do you have to run the sequence throught the editor and match the sequence to the music and then save this produced file or there is another way to do this? In the older version of LOR you would add the lms file and the music file into the show maker and create the show.? now it s different and they have no information on this

2nd, the fully editable sequences i have need to be changed from 4 controllers to 2. do you have to pull them into the sequencer and delete the controllers or how do you make these fit a 32 channel show. Again LOR keeps telling me its simple but will not tell me how.

Thanks for your help

Hi Kbrowne,

If you purchased the LOR sequences that have 64 channels (4 controllers) and you only have 32 channels (2 controllers) right now you don't need to change anything. Just setup your lights to match the first 32 channels and it'll work great. As like Mr. P stated above you need to open the sequence and then add/insert audio file that matches the sequence. Have a great day.

Al

First of all please fill in your profile so we can see your software version and license level. That info plays a big roll in what you can do and we can tailor our answers to what your capabilities are.

Your best bet is to make a new musical sequence with the song you have then copy and paste the channels/affects that you want to use from the purchased sequence.

I just checked LOR's software comparison. If you have license/software level Basic Plus or higher you do not need to copy and paste the channels into a new sequence. The Basic Plus level handles up to 4 controllers (64 channels). So as long as you have that level or higher just ignore the channels on controller 3 and 4 because the software will ignore them since there are no controllers linked to those channels.

To answer how you add the music track, open the purchased sequence. It will have all the channels ready to go. Click on the Edit tab at the upper left corner of the Sequence Editor. Look down the list until you see Media File. Click on that and look in your computer for the audio file. I usually make sure the music track I need is in the Light O Rama file on my computer and in the audio folder. Once you find/have the music/audio track click on that. It will transfer to your purchased sequence. Now you are all set and just need to save it as its titled or change it to whatever you want.

If you only have the Basic license level then you will need to do as Mr. P suggested above and make a new sequence and copy over the 32 channels you want.

Hope this helps.

Al

Knowing your License Level, Software Suite version you're using and also adding in your area {city/state or country/town} could also get you help from a fellow lighting enthusiast that may live near you and could possibly come over and help to show you how to do these things.  It's very easy to add all this into your profile here on the forums.

But not knowing any of this, we really can not formulate an answer as there are numerous Software Suite versions out here, some older ones still in use, and license level will help us to know *exactly* what you can and can't do, how many controllers your license level can handle and other aspects that you may have questions with later that without this info, we won't be able to help, give advice, or guide you properly.