Light-O-Rama Forums

FS: 2 each CTB16PC Gen3

plasmadrive

These were factory assembled.  They are used but might have new PCB inside.  Not sure which ones I replaced but all working just fine. 

$150 each plus shipping

Admin, if this is in the wrong place please move or let me know where to repost. 

Thanks, 

Craig

I am thinking from what I have read around the web, there are a glut of these controllers out there with so many people going for pixels.. it's a shame, regular LED strings look great when used right.. and these controllers are built pretty well.  I have used them for all kinds of 120vac stuff.   I think I will just hang on to them. 

So they are no longer for sale..

2 hours ago, plasmadrive said:

I am thinking from what I have read around the web, there are a glut of these controllers out there with so many people going for pixels.. it's a shame, regular LED strings look great when used right.

Likely true.  You are 11 months too late for me.  I ended up buying three of these last December for use this year.  Building an old-school spiral mega tree.  I am doing a little modern with some dumb RGB nodes, but I will have 32 channels of AC strings too.  The third one will be for some singing faces.  Not sure I will have time for the mega tree, but if not, next year...

I believe they will always have a place.   I added one last year (christmas), and will most likely be needing to add one this year for a total of 9.  Adding pixels hasn't really diminished my need for AC.  There are things I simply don't need 9 millon color choices for.

While AC controller can still play a part in displays, they are ;not in demand like they use to be.  As a result, sellers can't get the crazy used porices  they use to get or demanded.

With price of new warrentied  CTB16's during LOR sales, IMO, $100-002 is a fair used price for non-wqarrentied contgrollers.  People forget, LOR's warrenty is for the originial purchaser. 

I still see crazy priced on ebay.. just ridiculous.. But the Gen 3 controllers are still worth $150 used in good condition.  They are fairly bulletproof and well built.  $100 is a bit too cheap.  Ready to go, which mine are, are still list at $260 and on sale $206... so they still hold good value.. and not everyone gets in on the once a year pricing.. I think they will always have a place.. but someone that had a lot of them is selling them off and that is flooding the market a bit but not with Gen3.. Others I have seen post them for sale but they only have a few posts, or as little as one post.. Not sure I would buy from them.. but someone might..

Anyway, I love the 120vac LED strings and I used these for several other things like animated props and even the valves for my snowman orchestra.. they always work

Edited by plasmadrive

Good afternoon Craig,

How are you?

If they were for 230Volt, ehmmmm, I would think about it. but as far as I know the voltage is factory set with G3 controllers, is'nt it?

You know with 230 you never get the power consumption  to high for the controller, as we get only 16 amps per phase from the power company normally. So the triacs almost never die. These controllers last forever.

Best regards

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

13 hours ago, Trickyd said:

Good afternoon Craig,

How are you?

If they were for 230Volt, ehmmmm, I would think about it. but as far as I know the voltage is factory set with G3 controllers, is'nt it?

You know with 230 you never get the power consumption  to high for the controller, as we get only 16 amps per phase from the power company normally. So the triacs almost never die. These controllers last forever.

Best regards

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

Hi Dick! 

I am well and retired now a days.. how are you doing?

They have jumpers for 240v.  The power plug is not European style, but the controller would work it seems. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon Graig, 

Here people of my age get state pension at 67 years and 3 months, as fas as the law is right now. It has been altered a lot the last  years. Every time I neared the pension age, it was altered, so  now at least 5 year to go.

Concerning the controllers, I really thought they were factory set to the voltage level. hmm, have to review it, perhaps.

let me look into it, if you wish to sel still.

Have a nice and long retirement the next years.

best regards

Dick de Wit

The  Netherlands

AAAhhhh.. the Ghost loads.. That is something I never thought about.. That means the G3 controllers are no longer field changeable to 240v unless you remove the resistors.. The wattage requirement would be 4x giving the same resistors..

Dick, I think they won't work after all for your side of the pond. 

Thanks Mr. P for putting that up there..  I completely overlooked those resistors..

• The topic was locked