Light-O-Rama Forums

HLD computer requirements

Mark h2o

I was curious what realistic computer requirements are needed when using LOR and HLD together?

I'm using the demo version of HLD and starting to think that I may be needing to do some up grading to the computer after I installed it. Great program, just seems to be a delay between LOR and HLD. The visualizer is real choppy and doesn't match the music when I play a sequence.

Looks like another item for the need to get list:)

I asked this question on the holidaysoft website and here is the response I got from Mike

"fyi,
I hesitate to publish requirements because there are many variables these days on a computer configuration that can affect the software. My recommendation is to try the demo and see if it meets your needs. Make sure to read the performance tips section of the help. It can really help. There is a "Performance Tips" button when you first start the program. Its on the left panel."

The computer I've tried the demo on is Core 2 dual with 2GHz processors and 2GB's of RAM and after installing the newest version the delay is less but I still see the delay you mentioned. I've noticed that the faster the song the choppy it is. It appears HLD just can't keep up.

Hopefully that helps

i was running an AMD 64 3000+ (single core) with 1.5 gigs ram and ATI 800XT vid card on win XP. HLD ran fine on that machine and runs great on the new one too.

you didnt mention the computers specs

Well, this Mega Powerhouse of a computer is your basic older run-of the-mill dell. It has already been upgraded to a whopping 640mb of ram, pentium 4 with 1.8GHz processor, win xp and no special video card.

Yup, not a whole lot to work with. I knew I was going to have issues running this software. I just wanted to see what the real world is using and who is having satisfactory results with what setup. That way I and other people will have an idea what we need to get into to make these programs work as smooth as possible.

Even just adding lights on HLD seems to take about 6-7 seconds for each click to register on the screen making the design process itself a long task also.

It was fun to try it out and I may look into buying it down the road once the desktop is upgraded (ALOT!) or replaced (my favorite option).

Thanks for the input

Mark

Yeah, I can empathsize with you. I've got a Dell Inspiron, circa 2005 and peaks my processor to 100% at times. But here's how I look at it:

Once I have the layout completed, I don't have to deal with it again, I'm essentially using it to view the sequencer work, which it does excel at. For the price they're offering at, I'm getting my money's worth. :P