Light-O-Rama Forums

HU doesn’t find pixie 2’s

trooperblazer

Hey guys need some help here. So far for this season I have set up the following. 

1.....CMB24.....8 10w floods

8.....CF50D 50w floods

5.....pixie 2.....10 CCR Ribbon arch

When I’m running the hardware utility it always finds the 8...50 W floods. 

Sometimes it finds the CMB24

or it finds 1 pixie 2  

Regardless it never finds more than nine units.

I have set Max units to 250. Just to see if that would help. It doesn’t.

The unit IDs are set as follows 

Pixie 2s are 10-19.  Two ID’s per unit. 

Cmb24 is set to 38

cf50 floods are 30-37.

I tested everything before I started setting up the display. Even played test sequences on each unit to verify that it was working correctly. Everything was fine.  I know the data is being transmitted through the pixie twos because they are daisychained alternating between them and the CF 50 floods   

Am I doing something wrong? This is my first year with CCR‘s and pixels 

Yeah. I tried that and the 50 W floods play just as they should. But the DMB24 Is not behaving correctly  odd colors and random flashing and only the first 10 pixels of all of the pixie twos and ports light up. And they are still not even the right color

9 hours ago, trooperblazer said:

Yeah. I tried that and the 50 W floods play just as they should. But the DMB24 Is not behaving correctly  odd colors and random flashing and only the first 10 pixels of all of the pixie twos and ports light up. And they are still not even the right color

This may seem redundant but try connecting 1 unit at a time in and ensure HU is finding the unit ID's as expected. Not knowing what controllers now have dip switches to set the unit ID's to unit 1 perhaps there is a port sharing conflict in the unit ID's.

As far as color, in the cmb is there a way in HU to select the pixel/ ribbons used along with the color order? I have all pixies so that's where I would start. Just double check the unit ID's in HU individually.

The biggest thing to remember is when adding a device it is easier to assign it and set it up in HU independently. Test the lights there for the color order. Adjust in the config tab (piexie/ccr) and once happy move on to the next controller.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

OK it’s official I’m an idiot somehow. I don’t know how I did it because I know I set the IDs individually.  But for some reason all of the pixie twos reverted back to ID 01. And on top of that I didn’t realize that the CMB 24 ID has to be set by the dip switches. Now that I have dragged CAT5 all across the lawn with a laptop attached and reconfigured the IDs Everything is working as it should. Now I can get started on other stuff.

3 minutes ago, trooperblazer said:

OK it’s official I’m an idiot somehow. I don’t know how I did it because I know I set the IDs individually.  But for some reason all of the pixie twos reverted back to ID 01. And on top of that I didn’t realize that the CMB 24 ID has to be set by the dip switches. Now that I have dragged CAT5 all across the lawn with a laptop attached and reconfigured the IDs Everything is working as it should. Now I can get started on other stuff.

And now you know why we suggest testing them one at a time :)

24 minutes ago, trooperblazer said:

All Pixies come from LOR with the dip switches (if they have them) set to ID 1. If you set the ID in the HU they will revert back to 1 after you power the controller off. Set all the dip switches to off then set the ID in the HU, this way it will keep the ID and not revert back.

3 hours ago, trooperblazer said:

I've assisted many more that had worse problems. Stuff happens. One case, after I talked him through an entire Master config remake and added 6 AC and pixie controllers, he "had no lights". I asked him to check every cable. "I did". he replied. 

It was a long day so I told him to take a break and in the morning call me again. I then sent him a text, "you should have lights, the only way you don't have lights is they are not connected to the controllers or the strips are bad."

He called me the next morning. He had mistakenly pulled the main cat5 cable from the first controller. Bingo, all lights worked.

Happy lighting.

JR

• The topic was locked