Light-O-Rama Forums

FS: 2 each CTB16PC Gen3

plasmadrive

These were factory assembled.  They are used but might have new PCB inside.  Not sure which ones I replaced but all working just fine. 

$150 each plus shipping

Admin, if this is in the wrong place please move or let me know where to repost. 

Thanks,

Craig

4 hours ago, ericm said:

Posted in wrong thread needs to be in the coffee thread farther down

OK.. cool.. I posted it there.. not sure how to delete this tread..

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2018 at 8:39 PM, Otter101 said:

Are these sold?

No, not sold.. put back up on the storage rack.. If you want to buy them both I will dig them back out.. but if you only need one,  I probably would suggest finding it somewhere else.  I wasn't really in a hurry to sell them.. but I will happy to if you need both.

I don't know what the shipping cost would be, but it is what it is.  If you commit to buying both I will figure it out, but would need your address.  PM if you want to move forward. 

Craig

Edited by plasmadrive

Good afternoon Graig,

I did ask Lor helpdesk about the gen 3 controllers

This is their answer:           Sorry.      Gen 3 controllers cannot be field converted to 240VAC operation. 

Can't help you with getting ridd of these, as I would like to.

That is a pitty.

Best regards

Dick de Wit

The Netherlands

Hi Dick,

Yeah, in the other post I pretty much found that out and said they wouldn't work.. Sorry about that.. it is the resistor they put in as "Ghost Loads" so they would handle LEDs strings better.  Simple resistor but would require them to be 4 times the power rating.  It's a shame those resistors stopped G3 from field conversions.. but I understand why they did what they did.  If I were going to use them on 240v I would just remove the resistors, but that's a bit of work since there are 16 of them in each controller.

I don't mind keeping them.  I still have 8 or 10 of them I hang on to just in case.. ha ha..

Keep lighting up your side of the world!

Craig

Good morning Graig, 

yes, I am sorry too.

even surface mount part replacing is no problem, but there must be more perhaps, frequency related ? 50 or 60 Hz.

or they will no tell because of safety reasons.

I am a service technician for Mitsubishi Electric in The Netherlands, so I know a little about electronics and replacing a resistor should not be that hard. If the correct value is known ofcourse.

but from the view of Lor I can imagine they will not tell how to do it.

would be the same for Mitsubishi Electric.

Have a nice day,

Dick

Hi Dick,

I am pretty sure the resistor if the key factor in the voltage.  According to the manual 50hz is OK..

I filled out a ticket but it dumped out when I went to save it.  not sure why.  Said couldn't safe draft, then disappeared.  No way to check up on it.. I will try again

Edited by plasmadrive

On 10/11/2018 at 3:14 AM, Trickyd said:

Good morning Graig, 

yes, I am sorry too.

even surface mount part replacing is no problem, but there must be more perhaps, frequency related ? 50 or 60 Hz.

or they will no tell because of safety reasons.

I am a service technician for Mitsubishi Electric in The Netherlands, so I know a little about electronics and replacing a resistor should not be that hard. If the correct value is known ofcourse.

but from the view of Lor I can imagine they will not tell how to do it.

would be the same for Mitsubishi Electric.

Have a nice day,

Dick

Sent you a PM. 

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, randyf said:

Are these still available?  I might be interested.

Yes.. I can take them back out of storage if you want them.