Light-O-Rama Forums

Preview playback on Matrix

Marty Belisle

Testing a new matrix (ungrouped prop) I found that my mini gifs have perfect alignment in my preview however when tested on my matrix they are too low on the screen.  Even with scrolling text it appears perfectly centered in the preview however too low on the actual screen.  I triple checked my prop set up / assignment against my physical matrix assembly to verify everything matched.  I have a number of matrixes and cannot recall having to adjust from what I could see on the preview.  My assumption is that it has something to do with the format of the gif?  Anyone else experience this issue?  

If you use a marquee effect, does it appear correctly on the lights? This is a good test to make sure the lights are addressed correctly. The text effect is good to make sure the orientation is correct.

Matt

Thanks Matt did some more testing using the text scroll to reveal I had two complete universes acting weird.    Turns out two leads off my new controller # 1 and # 4 were mislabelled opposite to their outputs when I traced them back.    Because # 1 was the bottom 3 rows of pixels on my matrix it appeared the images and text were low.  The problem didn't show up with other effects except for colors being out.  I used a full line of small letter "L" and moved it up and down my matrix with the offset slider to help to identify the problem.  All good now. Thanks for the suggestion.