Light-O-Rama Forums

Do I need a 2nd or 3rd network?

trooperblazer

Starting to setup up this years display (2018).  I have upgraded this year.

8 CTB16  

1 Pixie16 CCR tree

5 Pixie2 running CCRs for arches

8 50w High Power Floods

1 CMB24D powering 8 10 w floods

Do I need to run a 2nd and possibly a 3rd network?

All sequencing is done through S-4 4.3.34

But Im planning on running shows through my laptop which has S-5 latest version 5.1.?

If I have to run additional networks I will have to buy a powered USB hub as my laptop is an older model with only 1 available USB port........others are in use.  Any recommendations on a powered USB hub if needed?

I run my (6) CTB16's, (3) CMB24D's and (2) CCR's on one network.

My Pixcon16 and Pixie4 on a separate network.

Running from a G3-MP3 with no issues.

They are high speed enhanced networks.

Well I am running on a HS network.  I have the red HS adapter and network set to 500k.  I assume all my equipment can run on the 500k setting?  Should I have the checkmark for enhanced selected?  When I do I get the warning message about LOR G-3 controllers and firmware to support it.  How do I know if all my equipment will?  Everything I have is about 2 years old or newer.

6 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

To verify if your equipment will run on an enhanced network you can check here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/network-speeds/

If you need to update firmware you can get it here:

http://www1.lightorama.com/firmware-updates/

Ok!  This is what I have Residential Series Addon CTB16PC-ReadyToGO but on the listing you posted it also says CTB16PCg3 But I dont find that listed on the online store?  

How do I know if I have the V2 controller boards?

Light Controllers Residential Series (high voltage AC) 19.2K-57.6K-115K 500K high speed 1000K high speed ELOR
(Enhanced)
Pro Level
DMX
E1.31
(DMX over Ethernet)
CTB04PC Residential 4 channel controller using latest available firmware. Icon-Checkmark-20x20 Icon-Checkmark-20x20   Icon-Checkmark-20x20 Icon-Checkmark-20x20  
CTB16PCg3 Residential Generation 3, 16 channel controller using latest available firmware. Icon-Checkmark-20x20 Icon-Checkmark-20x20   Icon-Checkmark-20x20 Icon-Checkmark-20x20  
CTB16PC Residential 16 channel V2 controller boards. Icon-Checkmark-20x20          
CTB16PC-Kit Residential 16 channel kit built controller boards. Icon-Checkmark-20x20        

When you connect you controllers to the network the HU at the top (Refresh ) where it tells you the ID number will also tell you the firmware version.

As far as controller version, it will be screen printed on the board.

Edited by Mr. P

On the CTB16 controllers, Gen3 controllers have a green status LED and earlier ones have a red status LED.  Gen 3 will run enhanced, and the older ones will not.

• The topic was locked