Light-O-Rama Forums

Using old sequences in a new show

Olle29

I just bought the showtime suite S4 basic.  I have a show on an SD card that we got from a company probably 5 or 6 years ago, and most all of them are on the sequence store website, I assume they just bought off there and sent us the SD card.  I was wondering if it was possible to take some of the old songs and sequences from that show and put them in a new show along with some new songs and sequences?

8 hours ago, Olle29 said:

I just bought the showtime suite S4 basic.  I have a show on an SD card that we got from a company probably 5 or 6 years ago, and most all of them are on the sequence store website, I assume they just bought off there and sent us the SD card.  I was wondering if it was possible to take some of the old songs and sequences from that show and put them in a new show along with some new songs and sequences?

Short answer, no.

The only way is to hope whoever you purchased the show card from is 1. Still in business 2. Has you an file 3. Will send you the LMS files you need in order to write the show into SE.

Most sellers send the LMS file as long as you purchase the "unprotected sequence".

JR

Ok.  Since that seems like more work than what it's worth, is it possible to change the order of the songs and sequences in the old show?  I've figured out how to add to the show, which was quite easy, but if I could rearrange the order of songs that would be just as good as making a new show.

14 minutes ago, Olle29 said:

Ok.  Since that seems like more work than what it's worth, is it possible to change the order of the songs and sequences in the old show?  I've figured out how to add to the show, which was quite easy, but if I could rearrange the order of songs that would be just as good as making a new show.

I don't think you can change the order. However I have never had the problems you are having. Are you sure that once you add to your show that the show on the card still works? When you create the show, you are actually creating the playing order at the same time.

If your channel config has changed since you originally received the card in question then that show will not work. Unless you added devices below the originals and all other settings , network stuff remained the same.

I only use my mini director when I am testing in my back yard. And being the creator of my show cards I have all files necessary so I just create new shows.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

You don't have anything on your profile like software version. But if you are using S4 it would wise of you to create a visualization to test your show out with. Nothing worse than popping in a card that "I hoped would work" to find out that its not going to work.

Your new sequences may be the only ones that work, or none could work.

As mentioned you could type an email to the vendors that you got the card(s) from and ask them for replacement files. Its as easy as them checking their database and resending the files. Same amount of time spent here typing up your question with a directed reply.

Best of luck.

JR

Just now, Olle29 said:

The old show is working like it should, along with the new sequence.  So all is well for now.

that's great news

JR

• The topic was locked