Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer V5.1.2 Channel Configuration

Werner Horst

The help file says that the Channel Configuration can be found in the Tool Menu ... Somehow I find nothing there. Can someone help me?
"The Channel Configuration screen can be opened via "Channel Configuration" in the Tools menu. "

Thanks

That IS the the channel configuration screen.

BTW, unless I'm mistaken, that is a S4 channel config screen, but your profile shows that you are using 5.1.2.  So what version are you using?  There are MAJOR differences in channel config between S4 and S5.  Therefore, we sort of need to know what version you really are using in order to be able to give accurate information.

I copied the screen from the internet to show what I'm looking for. I have the 5.1.2 version and I'm not clear with the configuration. Is not that easy if you do not speak english ....

Werner, trust me, your English is far better than my German!

As I said, channel configuration changes A LOT between S4 and S5.  Let me see if I can help with some screen captures.

Let's start out with my 2018 Christmas Preview. 

S5_Preview_Editor.png

You can see that I have a prop highlighted (in this case Candy Cane #6).  If you double click on a prop, you get the Prop definition screen.  Let me show you several props of different types.  This first one is a single channel - in this case it's my front porch light.  Just a single channel for a single bulb being controlled by a CTB16PC controller.

S5_Prop_Def-1.png

The next one is a single RGB bulb being controlled by a CMB16D controller.

S5_Prop_Def-2.png

Next up is a string of 16 smart pixels (the same prop I have highlighed in the Preview Editor screen capture).  This is a string of WS2811 pixels controlled by a SanDevices E682 pixel controller.

S5_Prop_Def-3.png

Last up is my 24 x 100 pixel tree being controlled by a pair of SanDevices E682 pixel controllers.

S5_Prop_Def-4.png

Last screen capture is the channel conflicts tab.  Instead of selecting the "Design" tab (red arrow), select the "Channel conflicts" tab (green arrow).  Then select "All props" for Show (blue arrow).  This lets you see all your channels in one place.  If you double click on a prop, you get the channel assignments for that prop over on the right (the purple arrow), you can change that prop.

S5_Channel_Conflicts.png

Did all that help?

BTW, these screen captures were all from 5.1.2

Thank you for your effort, I will try it tomorrow morning (we have 21:30 now) right now. Let's see if it claps with me, and I understand it too.
I got along well with the old sequencer, I've been using Lightorama's system for 5 years and the old sequencer was ok for me.
I'll try it again tomorrow and tell you ...
Thank you

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I still do not understand myself. I found a way to help myself, but the problems are still there. Asked about the help service of Light-O-Rama, but they probably did not understand where my problem lies. So I did not help.
I'm fooled by the new version, which cost a lot of money and the Documentration is very bad.
Pity....

19 hours ago, Werner Horst said:

Thanks for your help, unfortunately I still do not understand myself. I found a way to help myself, but the problems are still there. Asked about the help service of Light-O-Rama, but they probably did not understand where my problem lies. So I did not help.
I'm fooled by the new version, which cost a lot of money and the Documentation is very bad.
Pity....

Agree, I was a bit lost at first, but after playing with S5 for a few hours, I began to understand it, and frankly like it a LOT better than S4 even though the documentation doesn't really exist yet.   I'm sure they will have something better on documentation at some point.

I can not continue with the configuration, the Screen.

Light-O-Rama.png

I can not find the menu item "Manage Previews" in my software.
It may be that the program is good, but without channels, I can not test it and I'm considering whether I install VIXEN first to ever get ahead.
The service of Light-O-Rama was also no help for me.

Edited by Werner Horst

It moved in somewhere in the S5 beta.  On the Menu > Window, select all for as shown at the Red arrow.  Motion Effect, Previews, and Control Lights will appear on the right edge as shown with the three colder color arrows.  Playback brings up a separate window for playback.

S5.1.2_layout_items.png

• The topic was locked