Light-O-Rama Forums

Updating Latest Version 4 without getting into S5?

CK57

Is it possible to just update latest Version 4, which looks to be 4.3.34 and not install version 5.

Too late in year to learn about S5 and not going to give up two monitors to view.

I have had problems last three years with shows crashing after running around 3 days and have to reboot PC.

Hopeful something changed in last year in S4 to stop the problems.

Thanks

I believe it is. It's on the downloads page. I tried S5 but half my sequences were already done in S4 this year so I went back to 4.3.34 to finish up this year.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

24 minutes ago, CK57 said:

Is it possible to just update latest Version 4, which looks to be 4.3.34 and not install version 5

As GriswoldStyle said, it is on the downloads page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

25 minutes ago, CK57 said:

Too late in year to learn about S5 and not going to give up two monitors to view.

I would agree with yo that if you have not been playing with the beta for a while, it is likely too late in the year to want to to start a conversion to S5.  I'm confused about your statement about two monitors.  Why do you think that you would have to give up using two monitors?

28 minutes ago, CK57 said:

I have had problems last three years with shows crashing after running around 3 days and have to reboot PC.

Hopeful something changed in last year in S4 to stop the problems.

With my ancient XP show computer, I had a scheduled re-boot every afternoon at 3:50.  I never had a problem with it crashing the show, but if I was trying to do anything with it, it tended to get slow to respond.  The scheduled re-boot was preventative. After the re-boot, there was another scheduled task to send me an E-Mail, so I knew that it had completed the startup.  When I replaced the ancient XP show computer last year, I only re-boot the new Win 7 show computer once a week on Wednesday afternoon (largely because Microsoft updates normally come out on Tuesday evening).  My server also reboots on Wednesday afternoon.

• The topic was locked