Light-O-Rama Forums

BULBS AND STINGS

CHARLES GROVER

What version of the software are you on? it may be one you can try to redownload / reinstall and fix what was lost.

if you scroll down to the bottom of this page all the previous versions are there that may help.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

Edited by GriswoldStyle

43 minutes ago, CHARLES GROVER said:

the bulb files and strings file a empty.

We don't understand what you mean by the "bulbs file" and "strings file".

I DOWNLOADED VERSION 4,3,34. THERE IS NO CONTAIN IN ANY OF THE FILES IN VIS BULBS  TO STSTEM, DU I HAVE TO GO TO AN EARLIER VERSION TO GET THEM

You need to better describe what you are looking for.  Let’s start from the beginning.  As I understand it, you had a previous LOR installation (what version?).  Your computer crashed so you lost everything on it.  I assume you either repaired or replaced the computer so you have a fresh Windows installation.  Is that correct so far?  Then you downloaded and installed the LOR Showtime software version 4.3.34.  I assume that you have therefore lost all your programming (sequences, Visualizations, Prop files, etc.).  If I have that right, we have no ability to replace your custom built files.  There are lots of shared sequence files available in the Sequence Sharing section of the forum.  You would very likely need to customize them to your display.

Also, I realize that this does not help now, but for the future, I cannot stress enough the importance of backing up your work.  I suggest reading this forum thread (at the very least, the first post):

Last thing is a request.  After you type your next reply, before you press “Submit Reply”, please read what you typed and see if it makes sense.  Your posts lack punctuation and proper use of capitalization, have poor spelling, and everything is run together.  It makes it hard to understand what you mean.  If we can’t understand what you are trying to say, it is hard for us to help you.  No, I’m not an English teacher ?, and yes, I know that posting from a phone often results in some “interesting “ auto spell mangle issues...

• Like 1

To add to what @k6ccc stated, In the future you can always back up your sequence files and visualizer files on Google Drive for free. just a suggestion so you don't lose anything in the future. I back mine up to an external hard drive as well as upload my sequence files to Google Drive. all you need to do is create a free Gmail account and you can backup your files up to 15 gigabytes for free through Google Drive in the cloud. 

If you can explain in better detail what you are needing, we may be able to help you better. As far as your visualizer and lms files if that is what you are describing you lost we would not be able to help you get them back. My suggestion if that is the case, take your computer that crashed into a repair shop and see if they can recover those files. There's a 50/50 chance a repair shop may be able to recover the files if it was not the hard drive that went bad. for example if the motherboard went bad then they should be able to use your hard drive to recover your files for you.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Iwish to thank everyone for the help. I was a bad install, reinstalled and works now.

Sorry for the poor typing as I am 78 and legally blind.

1 hour ago, CHARLES GROVER said:

Iwish to thank everyone for the help. I was a bad install, reinstalled and works now.

Glad you got it resolved!

1 hour ago, CHARLES GROVER said:

Sorry for the poor typing as I am 78 and legally blind.

I well understand - my Dad is about 90% blind.