Light-O-Rama Forums

Ordering Process required for ordering Wire Frames from Wire Frame D'Lites

DougP

Another year of building frames is winding down as we will have to stop building in Oct. so that we can start pulling all of our stuff from storage and fix things that stopped working in storage. It never fails.

First off, this is a hobby for me and if you think I’m making a lot of money, I got news for you, I’m not. I could make more money flipping burgers. I JUST LOVE MAKING FRAMES and helping you put smiles on people’s faces. I have a friend that comes over when I need him to help with clean up.

There are a few things that everyone needs to understand about the process of ordering a frame or frames from builders that build custom frames. On my website I have pictures of frames that I maintain templates for. If you order any of them, you can expect to receive one that looks just like the picture. If you want any changes to any of the stock frames, you must make sure that I understand just what you want. Just you saying “I’m thinking about” will not get the changes made. You must say I want these changed or added.

If you want to order a special frame then you must send me a picture of what you want. If you make a drawing of what you want, please remember that anything that doesn’t look right might look really bad after I blow it up to size. I always take a picture of the drawing of a custom frame and will send it to you to look at and verify that it’s going to work for you. DON’T just glance at the picture and call it good. This is what your frame is going to look like. PLEASE, don’t wait until I have the pieces bent and tack welded together to say something. I try to always send a picture of the frame after I have it tacked together.

As far as placing orders, I cut off taking orders somewhere between 80 to 100 frames ordered for the year. I need to have all frames made and shipped by the middle of Oct for the year ordered. Right now I have orders for next year already. It takes an average of 2 to 3 days to cut, bend and weld an average frame. It will be another day for cleanup and take to the powder coater. The powder coater requires at least a week to work my stuff in. Of course some frames will take less time than others. I have about 41 weeks to get everything made and I normally work a 44 hour week.

The bottom line is it takes a team to get this done and you are the other part of the team. I can’t read minds, so please, please make sure that I fully understand what you want.

As far as paying for the orders, I will not start working on a frame until I have the money in hand. If you need to make payments, I will let you make them with half down. When I know I will start building your frames in a couple of weeks I will let you know so that you can send the rest of the money. I will always figure the shipping cost after I have all of your frames made as the shipping charges change and I don’t have any control over that. I always try to make the frames in such a way to keep the shipping charges down.

The key is to commutate, commutate, commutate.

• Like 3