Light-O-Rama Forums

Pentatonix and YouTube?

DisneyMatt10

So, question for all our fellow Light Show peeps. 

I, as many of us do, LOVE putting Pentatonix in our Light Shows!! And as many of us do, I LOVE to record the light show and put in on YouTube for all the world to enjoy! So my question is... How can I keep the video on YouTube? Every time I upload a Pentatonix video it flags it and removes it... Yet I see so many other Pentatonix light show videos on YouTube... Any help with what I could be doing wrong?!

Thanks!!

Good luck. Many of us on LOR had permission from Eddie Bush and his management to place our Thin Blue Line sequence on youtube. Over a year later it was flagged. I just stopped posting anything on youtube.

IMO- once you are flagged, its all over.

Good luck.

JR

Oh no!! That makes me sad! I hate for any of us to get our videos flagged.

Did you ever find an alternative place to post your videos? 

I use Vimeo and never get anything removed.   Just mark the video as Private.   You can still share and embed the link here but no one will be able to find the video by searching.   

• Like 1

It all depends on which Pentatonix song you are trying to upload. I have had YouTube flag "Mary Did you Know" but I have it on Vimeo. Vimeo has blocked some also. I have  "Little Drummer Boy" on YouTube with no problem.

Like I said just depends on the song.

Tom

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" hasn't been blocked or pulled.

I credited Pantatonix in the text and permitted viewer contributions to the text. I also have a statement that I have no copywrite to the music. I also enter the artist in the tags.

In the tags, I include the artist.  I did receive a notice from YouTube that I have copywrited material. The notice indicated the holder had agreed with the sharing.

58 minutes ago, Sgmaitland said:

My "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" hasn't been blocked or pulled.

That is because it is a public domain song that any artist can do. Try adding Mary did you know by PTX  and it immediately gets flagged credit or not. I had it on Vimeo for over a year until it was flagged.  About a month ago I had other songs on Vimeo that also got flagged that they ended up closing my account. I got a nice Letter from Sony about copyright infringement. 

Tom