Light-O-Rama Forums

How to make smart pixels work like dumb ones

Al Saunders

Hi All,

I am copying LOR's sequencing method with the whole 4X4 and also their RGB lighting. I have the floods and they worked great last year. Now this year I want to add the dumb RGB pixels around my windows. I was looking into dumb pixels and controllers and everything when I remembered I have 16 strings of DMX square smart pixels with the Sandevice E1.31 controller and power supply. I did a birthday mash up a few years ago for my wife and niece together.

My questions is will the smart pixels know to work/operate as one "dumb" unit based on the dumb sequencing or do I need to set some setting? I previously programmed the smart pixels in Superstar and know if I wanted to have the individual pixels chase around each other on each window I can do that but I have several sequences with basic "dumb" RGB programming. I know OF the macro things in CCR's but never really worked with them so not sure how or if this will work. Again the pixels are the square 2811 type with non LOR controller and power supply.

Or should I use the pixels and get a CMB-24D controller like the one I have for the floods? I need to check to see if they have the same wiring as the CCFloods.

I'd appreciate any help given.

Thanks,

Al

The easiest way is to set the group size in the SanDevices to the length of the string.  Then it will function as a single pixel.  If that does help, I can give a more detailed help along with screen captures from my SanDevices controllers.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the reply and info. I really appreciate the help. Not sure if I'm going this route or may leave the smart pixels as smart and get dumb ones for my windows.

Thanks again, have a great day!

Al

• This topic was locked, unlocked and locked