Light-O-Rama Forums

How to mimic ccp 50x2 in visualizer

GriswoldStyle

So I was reading posts last night going through the forum search history trying to figure out how to have 100 pixels in S4 visualizer.

Apparently from what I read it will only show 50. Not the version ccp with two strands of 50. I did see something about a fake out regarding the visualizer but cannot seem to locate it this morning when I search the forums again.

is there a way to have the two 50 count arches drawn into S4 visualizer using a trick method? Now keep in mind I don't want to use Superstar as my programming sequencing. But is there possibly a way to export a visualization file that will save that layout so I can view it in visualizer?

sort of like how I can save my channel configuration or visualizer file then automatically open that each time, is there a way to add in two 50 count pixel strips that I am not understanding or is this something I am pretty much just stuck was only being able to see 50 on the visualizer screen? I think I have the programming aspect down for pixels which kind of shocked me how quickly I picked up on it yesterday, but I would really like to be able to see both pixel arches on the screen in visualization mode. these both are using the same unit ID but it won't only give me the option to add up to 50 not the 100 between both sets.

Edited by GriswoldStyle

Remember that 100 pixel strings with LOR hardware is a fairly recent addition.  By the time they came out, most of the programming effort has been with S5.  The inability to handle strings in S4 visualizer that are larger than 50 pixels is well documented.  You can build strings that are larger that 50 pixels when using DMX, but as far as I know, even the latest version of S4 does not have the ability to get LOR strings larger than 50 pixels.  You can build 100 pixel LOR strings in S5...

• Like 1

This is exactly what frustrates me about LOR. Why didn't they add the support in the latest S4 version they just released, 4.3.34? I understand that S5 is the future but S5 has been out in beta for a year now and S4 is still the retail version. The CCP2 has been out for a while with no support for 100 pixel strings.

C'mon LOR how about the supoort? I mean not everyone will be jumping on the S5 bandwagon as soon as the retail version is released.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

This is exactly what frustrates me about LOR. Why didn't they add the support in the latest S4 version they just released, 4.3.34? I understand that S5 is the future but S5 has been out in beta for a year now and S4 is still the retail version. The CCP2 has been out for a while with no support for 100 pixel strings.

C'mon LOR how about the supoort? I mean not everyone will be jumping on the S5 bandwagon as soon as the retail version is released.

I agree, be nice to have the visual support for the full use of the controllers.

* Within S4

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

My work around was not really welcomed by the wife but she's coping with it (for now)....

I'm only taking up about 17 feet of the living room between the two arches side-by-side.... It's like magic...a real life visualizer LOL

Guess it works but I'm sure she prefers I have it on the computer screen and not disco partying the living room lol. although it does kind of remind me of Ghost roller skating rink days. that reminds me I need to quickly add them into Don't Stop The Rock LOL.

But then again like everyone else said it would definitely be nice to be able to see these on screen as I know I will not make the jump to S5 until I am comfortable with it. So if you Lor admins are reading this, there's some of us that would really like this feature in s4. I understand your focus is S5 but there are still people that are running S3 and S4

Just a thought guys. 

Edited by GriswoldStyle

28 minutes ago, GriswoldStyle said:

I'm only taking up about 17 feet of the living room between the two arches side-by-side.... It's like magic...a real life visualizer LOL

I wouldn't know anything about having live props set up inside the house.  In my case, it's my 4W x 3H P10 matrix and my 3W x 2H P5 matrix hanging from the ceiling of my family room.

A view from my sequencing desk and a closeup...  The iPhone camera does not do the colors justice.

Matrix_panels_hanging_from-desk.jpg

Matrix_panels_hanging_close-up.jpg

Yea, I know the room is a mess!

• Haha 1

Its not clear to me GWS that you are talking about the new 100 pixel strands I posted about here.    I am using 100 DMX pixels in my S4 viz for now.   

If you are talking about 100 pixels total,  Viz can do that with no problems.

Did I miss an announcement about this forum not allowing searches back more than one year?    This is a serious degradation of the usefulness which used to be found here.  I am reposting this link because I could not find the old thread. 

https://vimeo.com/188575944/e016cb9a41

39 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Its not clear to me GWS that you are talking about the new 100 pixel strands I posted about here.    I am using 100 DMX pixels in my S4 viz for now.   

He's talking about LOR controllers with 100 pixels (i.e. Pixie in this case).  The Pixie controllers can have 100 pixels per string, and the S4 Visualizer has no way to assign a string with LOR pixels 51-100 (channels 151-300).  You are right that it's easy with DMX strings.

5 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

He's talking about LOR controllers with 100 pixels (i.e. Pixie in this case).  The Pixie controllers can have 100 pixels per string, and the S4 Visualizer has no way to assign a string with LOR pixels 51-100 (channels 151-300).  You are right that it's easy with DMX strings.

Gee  GriswoldStyle   you did a good job of impersonating k6ccc !       Will the real GriswoldStyle please stand up!       ?   

• Like 1

Haha you guys crack me up unfortunately it won't let me like any more comments today I guess I went like happy. 

Yes, k6ccc is right on the money, that's the problem I'm having is 51 through 100 will not show in the visualizer in S4 when using the 100 pixels set. It will only show a 50 or 1 arch. It will not show the second Arch utilizing channels 51 through 100 in visualization mode.

I will try to take a look at that link and see if maybe it's making sense yet. I'm actually pretty shocked that I've gotten ithe hang of pixels this quick. I've already added them to four of my sequences I previously did, just in the last few hours. But still have many more to add them to.

I'll be up there in The Matrix zone soon if this continues. I already am getting ideas for next year lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Ahhh that's why I couldn't find it I searched the wrong terms. I do see devMike said there are no plans on it but I'm curious how did you set it to DMX .. does it matter in the channel configuration or is that just something you do strictly for visualization and need to change before putting it in the show? Sorry this is only my second day venturing into pixels so I'm still a little lost still but I'm a fast learner if I can actually search the right words in order to find what I'm looking for LOL

DevMike hedged on that later in another place.  Or maybe that was a wishful dream?      FYI the old  two strings of 50 CC controllers were able since release years ago to be configured as 100 (using 160 up) pixels in SE.  But visualizer could never support that so my 20 are all set as 50s.   Support has been missing in S3 and S4.         

My S4 2018 config has the 1600 pixels for  pixie16x100 in it twice.  Once as I will use it enhanced and once as DMX which is the one visualized.   For now I will paste my work into both.

Edited by ItsMeBobO

1 hour ago, GriswoldStyle said:

Haha you guys crack me up unfortunately it won't let me like any more comments today I guess I went like happy. 

Yes, k6ccc is right on the money, that's the problem I'm having is 51 through 100 will not show in the visualizer in S4 when using the 100 pixels set. It will only show a 50 or 1 arch. It will not show the second Arch utilizing channels 51 through 100 in visualization mode.

I will try to take a look at that link and see if maybe it's making sense yet. I'm actually pretty shocked that I've gotten ithe hang of pixels this quick. I've already added them to four of my sequences I previously did, just in the last few hours. But still have many more to add them to.

I'll be up there in The Matrix zone soon if this continues. I already am getting ideas for next year lol

I don't know, coast to coast, probably cant get any farther away from each other than that. LOL

All of mine hang out in garage,

I donated 1 of my likes for you.

JR

39 minutes ago, ItsMeBobO said:

DevMike hedged on that later in another place.  Or maybe that was a wishful dream?      FYI the old  two strings of 50 CC controllers were able since release years ago to be configured as 100 (using 160 up) pixels in SE.  But visualizer could never support that so my 20 are all set as 50s.   Support has been missing in S3 and S4.         

My S4 2018 config has the 1600 pixels for  pixie16x100 in it twice.  Once as I will use it enhanced and once as DMX which is the one visualized.   For now I will paste my work into both.

So my longshot idea might work.... I was going to create a duplicate set of channels on a different prop arch in the visualizer but have both of them one set at DMX but the other set to the proper Channel ID. That way I still get the visual but when I put them in the show it would work as normal. That's what's i was going to experiment with that but figured I would check here first to see if that's logical to do. I mean I know it's going to work either way I'm testing them out in front of me but I'd like to get the arches out of the living room before a Wife puts her foot down lol

Edited by GriswoldStyle
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, GriswoldStyle said:

So my longshot idea might work.... I was going to create a duplicate set of channels on a different channel in the visualizer but have both of them one set at DMX but the other set to the proper Channel ID. That way I still get the visual but when I put them in the show it would work as normal. That's what's i was going to experiment with that but figured I would check here first to see if that's logical to do. I mean I know it's going to work either way I'm testing them out in front of me but I'd like to get the arches out of the living room before a Wife puts her foot down lol

Buy her something nice like a string light necklace and she may give you an extension.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

Buy her something nice like a string light necklace and she may give you an extension.

JR

Lol she already got Red Lobster and some perfume. Tomorrow is our one year anniversary even though we've been together for 10. So yeah I have to tread lightly on this one LOL

Just now, GriswoldStyle said:

Lol she already got Red Lobster and some perfume. Tomorrow is our one year anniversary even though we've been together for 10. So yeah I have to tread lightly on this one LOL

Happy Anniversary

Remember RL has the bead necklace with the lobster on it. Im just saying.

JR

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Happy Anniversary

Remember RL has the bead necklace with the lobster on it. Im just saying.

JR

Thanks man. It finally let me like a comment today LOL.