Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 CCR Tree Issues

Confused1

Ok folks it may be me but here is my situation: I am running S5 and importing a Superstar sequence into my other sequence. On the visulizer it looks perfect but when I hook up my alphapix 16 controller and run the program, it only controls 1 ribbon.

I imported the sup file properly onto the superstar line in my sequence so I am not sure what is not correct.Help time is running out....

I first want to determine the environment you are running. If you are importing a visualization into SuperStar it sounds like you are using S4.

If you are running S5 then you would create a Preview in the S5 sequencer and then the Sequencer would launch superstar and superstar would use the Preview.

Which of the above describes what you are doing?

Ok my bad. It is S5. The preview I created has a CCR tree and it runs fine when I get the SUP file loaded into the sequence. However when I hook up the controllers and actually try to run it only ribbon 1 works. 

First thought is that the configuration of the AlphaPix does not match that of the Preview (or the Visualization file if SuperStar was configured via that method).

I talked with Mark while in Mesquite last week and he said to highlight the line in my sequence that had Superstar in it, then hit the SS button in the tool bar, when superstar opens, then open my sup sequence. I did all that. Then he said just close SS, it would ask if I wanted to save the sequence and I said yes. It automatically imported the sequence to the highlighted row. Then I tried to play it and only 1 ribbon would play. 

First thought is that the configuration of the AlphaPix does not match that of the Preview (or the Visualization file if SuperStar was configured via that method).

I have S4 on another computer and imported the SUP file to that version and Hooked it up to the same controller and everything worked fine. It is just S5 that is not right as far as I can tell. 

Double check the Preview in the S5 Sequencer, how is the addressing setup in the S5 Sequencer Preview?

Each ribbon is set an individual DMX universe. Ex: ribbon 1 is universe 1 with 50 pixels, ribbon 2 is universe 2 and so on. Is this what you wanted to know?

Yes, that is what I was wondering.

If I understand what you are saying in the first post, the effects are rendering to the S5 Sequencer screen properly, but when you play them from the S5 Sequencer to your actual lights, only the first ribbon is working. Is that what is happening?

I would expect this would be an S5 Sequencer bug. Please attach your .loredit file and I will send it to Matt Brown.

Not sure how to attach the file, it says I am only allowed a file size of 501.76kb and the file is much larger than that.

Try emailing it to brian@superstarlights.com

If that doesn't work we can try using dropbox

Matt Brown could not reproduce a problem. He suggested checking network preferences and make sure all 16 Universes are defined.