Jump to content

April sale


Guest guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

Guest guest

Ok,
So the sale starts on April 1st. I will be boarding the Disney Cruise ship "Magic" then :waycool: . I hope there is not a chance of selling out or being back ordered when I get back a week later. :)

What are some of the NEW stuff and will there be other things that may be discontinued (bigger discounts :) )

Robert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Don't worry it is the entire month of April. I usually let the rush get over with and order till the end of the month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

JR V wrote:

Ok, did I miss somewhere it says the sale starts on the first?

I was wondering the same thing. Whenever it is, it's getting close (and so is my birthday).:)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

I think people are assuming that the sale will start on April 1.

Dan has only said the sale will be *in* April. Last years sale did not last an entire month. (Again, not that it will be exactly like last year, but we can look to the past to get some idea of what might happen.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Don wrote:

I think people are assuming that the sale will start on April 1.

Dan has only said the sale will be *in* April.

Yeah, he probably feels like the guy getting ready to open the store's front door to let the 'after Christmas' shoppers inside and gets trampled!:shock:

I will assume he'll make an announcement as such here when it starts?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

I bet he will, but he wouldn't have to.

People will be visiting the site every day in April until the sale hits. Soon as it does, you'll know by all the posts here on the site!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

and the problem will be....I will be on a cruise ship! My wife has already said that "I can't take my laptop" :) Then I will get back and they will be allllll gone!!! :)



Oh well...... Then I will wait on back orders. :)

Robert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

RobertB wrote:

and the problem will be....I will be on a cruise ship! My wife has already said that "I can't take my laptop" :) Then I will get back and they will be allllll gone!!! :)

Again, I don't know where you read the sale starts April 1. Unless I've missed something, this is simply an assumption.

Sit back, wait, relax.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Robert,
Most cruise ships have some sort of Internet cafe. You can probably jump on-line and check for an update just in case Dan has not made an announcement of when the sale is by the time you depart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

OK, I have been hearing a lot about the sale in April. How big are the discounts? Are we talking about after christmas sale discounts? I have read a lot of post through out a lot of the different forums about people saving and buying in April.

I think I need to prep my wife for the expenses in april. :]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Steve wrote:

OK, I have been hearing a lot about the sale in April. How big are the discounts? Are we talking about after christmas sale discounts? I have read a lot of post through out a lot of the different forums about people saving and buying in April.

I think I need to prep my wife for the expenses in april. :]


Nobody knows. I suspect until the sale starts (*in* April -- as Don mentioned there's been nothing I've seen that's talked about it being April 1, or the whole month...) then we'll know the amounts.

And don't expect 40% off or anything like that. LOR's prices are quite reasonable to begin with, and they don't have the margins to do deep discounts and still stay alive to service everyone next year. This is just pure speculation but I'd think somewhere like 10%, maybe a little more or less.

-Tim

P.S. Have fun on the Magic, that's where Cathy and I went on our honeymoon. Beautiful ship, at least back in '99 :]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

The sale will start in April (It will be near the end of the month and no date has been decided )... We are working hard at LOR to get all our ducks in a row for the sale. This includes moving into a new larger facility....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Dan, Thanks for the info. I will watch the forums and the website for the latest information. Sounds like LOR is really growing. New upgraded software and upgrades to hardware, and moving to a new facility. Its good to see a company that sticks behind its products and keeps them up to date with the latest technology.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

LightORama wrote:

This includes moving into a new larger facility....


I'm loving this! For a guy I've never met (and haven't even bought from until next month, other than the software) I truly, genuinely get excited about your success.

I don't envy you the challenges that come with the incredible growth you're going to see this year, though.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Kenny Greer wrote:

Whenever it is, it's getting close (and so is my birthday).;)
Yeah, right, not sure I could stretch to a LOR controller for your birthday gift Kenny... would a novelty Buckingham Palace t-shirt be ok?:laughing:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

LightORama wrote:

The sale will start in April (It will be near the end of the month and no date has been decided )... We are working hard at LOR to get all our ducks in a row for the sale. This includes moving into a new larger facility....

I like it being nearer the end of the month, time to get a tax rebate! Onwards and upwards Dan, nice to hear.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

DarrenJeffries wrote:

Yeah, right, not sure I could stretch to a LOR controller for your birthday gift Kenny... would a novelty Buckingham Palace t-shirt be ok?:laughing:

That'll be fine. I'll PM you my address.;)

Now it appears as thought the birthday thing is out though, since Dan has said the sale will be the end of the month (Bday is at the beginning). But now I'm in the same boat as the original poster in this thread...I'll be working on another play then, and probably won't be around the house much. I'll figure something out.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Does anyone know what kind of prices or discounts to expect. I am just getting started with LOR and will need to get some sort of starter kit and either an 8 or 16 channel controller.



I hope this is the year of the computer for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

The answer to your question, and others can be found in the April Sale FAQ.



jfelix wrote:

Does anyone know what kind of prices or discounts to expect. I am just getting started with LOR and will need to get some sort of starter kit and either an 8 or 16 channel controller.



I hope this is the year of the computer for me.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Dan:

I live outside Trenton. If you need some help moving, I can give a hand and be compensated in LOR equipment :laughing:

Thanks

Michael

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest guest

Many thanks for the offer to move. The facility move is from Ft. Edward NY. to South Glens Falls NY... That is where we assemble/test/box things. The Garfield NJ address is for mailing only. We do R&D in Parsippany NJ.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...