Light-O-Rama Forums

Dual Screens

Godney

I have recently upgraded to a computer with dual screens, is their a way to run LOR software on dual screens in case i want to look at dual sequences for comparison reasons. Thanks Rodney

Edited by Godney
misspelled word

I have been using multiple monitors for years.  You will never want to go back to just one!  In fact, my next computer upgrade will have three or four monitors.  I don't know if you can open two copies of Sequence Editor at the same time as I've never tried it (I hardly ever sequence in SE).  However I somewhat regularly open two copies of SuperStar which then allows looking at multiple sequences at the same time.  With that said, my primary use for the second monitor is to put the visualization (either Visualizer itself or the visualization in SuperStar) onto it.  During show season, the show computer is out in the garage and I have it set up to send Visualizer commands to the family room computer (this one).  I regularly bring up Visualizer in the family room and have the live show displaying so I can see what is happening in the yard.  I also have the audio available here in the family room (via several methods).  Having the second monitor means I can still do other stuff and have the show displaying.

I just tried and the sequence editor won't let me open up 2 of them to do dual monitors. I usually just have sequence editor on one and the visualizer on the other. Maybe someone else knows a trick to make it happen.

Tom

4 hours ago, TBS99 said:

I just tried and the sequence editor won't let me open up 2 of them to do dual monitors. I usually just have sequence editor on one and the visualizer on the other. Maybe someone else knows a trick to make it happen.

I don't think I had ever tried it in anything except SuperStar (where you can have two instances open at the same time).  Since I have 5.0.18 on this computer, I just tried it and it will not let you open two instances of the S5 Sequencer.  Too bad.

• The topic was locked