Light-O-Rama Forums

I think I am having an ISSUE? Can someone look Smart Pixel RBG

Septon

Hey guys I have all my props setup.  However I don't thing something is right, for instance I added 16 candy canes, and if each candy cane has 16 nodes each... how can I change each node?  

I am so damn new to this, I am confused... but thanks to the forum people who can help. :)

Thanks guys, sorry traveling the last few days.  

Ok so I will have to assign addresses in teh mean time.  I know I had to add LOR Later but I thought I could get away with this for now until I knew where to put everything.  So I need to know what and where to put stuff. (what lights and where to assign them?)

Am I making sense?

Just now, Dennis Laff said:

What kind of controllers are you using for your pixels ?

I just bought (and understand they arrived, haven't been home in a while) 5 x Pixie 8 and 4 x Pixie 4s from LOR.

On 2018-04-29 at 8:26 AM, Dennis Laff said:

Seton what kind of issues are you having .

And specifically I dont see how I can lets say the candy cane, control the 16 individual  lights, as what i have is just 1 line in my program.  
I just don't know how to assign the lights.  If I make something up the addresses, I suppose I can re-assign later I suppose?

In order to give address to your props you first need to know how are you going to wire them ,.  Are you going to connect each candy cane to each other how many to a port on controller .?

You do not have to have any channel information configured to sequence your show and "see" animation.

21 hours ago, Dennis Laff said:

In order to give address to your props you first need to know how are you going to wire them ,.  Are you going to connect each candy cane to each other how many to a port on controller .?

They will be 100 per channel.  I haven't mapped out how everything is going to be connected.  But I in the case of the Candy Cane... I figure I will have 16 maybe... and 6 on each 100 channel.  I will daisy chain them too of course.

Also keep in mind since you are doing 100 pixels per channel that the pixie's are only 4 amps per channel. I highly suggest that you check the pixels you are using and ensure you don't go over the 4 amps or you will have to power inject.

watts / volts = amps

7 hours ago, Vince4xmas said:

You do not have to have any channel information configured to sequence your show and "see" animation.

You can see here I have all the pixels added.  They just don't show up when I am doing anything but Motion Effects

Edited by Septon

1 minute ago, Mr. P said:

Also keep in mind since you are doing 100 pixels per channel that the pixie's are only 4 amps per channel. I highly suggest that you check the pixels you are using and ensure you don't go over the 4 amps or you will have to power inject.

watts / volts = amps

Great tip!  And I plan on power injections a lot. ;)

After you created an effect did select ok and then add that effect to the sequence grid .

54 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

After you created an effect did select ok and then add that effect to the sequence grid .

I believe i did.

I haven't decided yet, but I think I am 110 feet divided by 16 so one every 6-7' Probably.  I could adjust at will of course.

I am trying to start mapping out my network now so I can do this. :)

You have time sometime to login with me again, I would appreciate it. (I upgraded the Ram, and it good now).

7" between each 16 pixels for canes will require some power injection.

Also, how far away is the pixie controller from the first candy cane?

19 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

7" between each 16 pixels for canes will require some power injection.

Also, how far away is the pixie controller from the first candy cane?

Yeah I figure I will be running a lot of power.  My problem is the size of my Lawn/Property.  I have 2 sides I have to manage. :)  

So I will be buying several power supplies.  As for the card.  Hmm I figure it would be centre with 50' either side of work to do.  

• The topic was locked