Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Flood Sequences

zing

7 hours ago, LightsWithSoul said:

My flood lights are set up as a wall wash, but the choreography can make them in to a very dynamic and dimensional effect even when installed in a seemingly basic application. Here is a video of my favorite song in my display which utilizes the floods. Note that I don't have them constantly on - there are periods with no floods - I just used them in areas where I want to create a little visual impact. One technique I use when lighting up the entire house is to have each flood a slightly different shade of the same color (for example one would be a light blue color and another would be more turquoise) so that way there's a little variation in the wall wash and it doesn't look as "flat." Gradients of color add a lot of depth and visual interest.D

Do you use 'Barn Doors' on you flood in those narrow spaces?

10 hours ago, LightsWithSoul said:

My flood lights are set up as a wall wash, but the choreography can make them in to a very dynamic and dimensional effect even when installed in a seemingly basic application. Here is a video of my favorite song in my display which utilizes the floods. Note that I don't have them constantly on - there are periods with no floods - I just used them in areas where I want to create a little visual impact. One technique I use when lighting up the entire house is to have each flood a slightly different shade of the same color (for example one would be a light blue color and another would be more turquoise) so that way there's a little variation in the wall wash and it doesn't look as "flat." Gradients of color add a lot of depth and visual interest.

I don't have floods, but I like your idea on slight color variations.

Without much of a beat, that song was likely hard to sequence, and you did a really nice job with it.  You did a great job with the floods - so often they are glaring and kind of wash out the rest of the display.  Your subtle job was nice.  One of my favorites is an all instrumental version of "Hark! The Herald Angles Sing" that was done by my church orchestra and 7,100 pipe pipe organ.  It also has no strong beat and was a bitch to sequence (and I was new when I did it, to make it worse).

On 4/27/2018 at 7:27 AM, TheDucks said:

Do you use 'Barn Doors' on you flood in those narrow spaces?

I actually don't. With enough experimentation I was able to mount them without any light bleed on unwanted areas.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 10:39 AM, k6ccc said:

I don't have floods, but I like your idea on slight color variations.

Without much of a beat, that song was likely hard to sequence, and you did a really nice job with it.  You did a great job with the floods - so often they are glaring and kind of wash out the rest of the display.  Your subtle job was nice.  One of my favorites is an all instrumental version of "Hark! The Herald Angles Sing" that was done by my church orchestra and 7,100 pipe pipe organ.  It also has no strong beat and was a bitch to sequence (and I was new when I did it, to make it worse).

Thanks Jim. That video was from my first year programming lights, so I definitely had my reservations about choosing a song that slow. This year I am sequencing an entire show of Opera and orchestral pieces with slow and variable tempos. It is definitely going to be a challenge. "Hark! the Herald Angels Sing" is a song that slipped by my radar. I am definitely going to consider it for this year now. Thanks for the idea ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm late to the party. Missed out last year on some sequences. Seemed like everyone was busy. I finally got some time and was wondering if I could get some pre-help with the same set up. I have the 8-pack 10-watt RGB lights. Just want to set them up as a wall wash for now. Then once I can figure out how they work I can spice them up during different holidays. Was hoping someone could send a sequence or some tips as to how to set it up. I also bought two 16x25 pixel trees. I'll have to do some research but I haven't been able to figure those out either. I'll jump around to the other forums for help. Thanks in advance.

• 2 years later...
  • The topic was locked