Light-O-Rama Forums

Need Help configuring PixCon16

CKSedg

Changed it again, as I have several time.  Made no difference.  Still won't bring up the configuration, although it "sees" the controller.

Follow me here.

You have explained in the past that you do not have wifi on your computer so you have to disconnect from the internet to connect your pixcon. According to the specs you posted your computer is still in DHCP so it is looking to have an IP address assigned to it. There is no server connected to assign a IP adress since you are no longer connected to your ISP , that is why you get the 169.254.xxx.xxx ip address. The 169.254 tells you there is a problem.

You need to physically go into your network adapter settings and change your computer from DHCP to a Static ip address in the 192.168.0.xxx range in order to find the pixcon.

I have done so.  It is 192.168.0.51   That is the address the LOR tech told me to use.  Restarted, still no luck.

Can you go into you network setting and post a screenshot?

It will look similiar to this but with different setting.

5ae258fbb14b9_IPAddress.JPG.6a585b1aa22c621066125fbc29bb7644.JPG

As much as I hate the damn thing, do you have an iPhone and can someone get on facetime with you so see can see your screen while you are on the LAN with your Pixcon?

5 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Can you go into you network setting and post a screenshot?

It will look similiar to this but with different setting.

5ae258fbb14b9_IPAddress.JPG.6a585b1aa22c621066125fbc29bb7644.JPG

Actually hopefully his will not show it wanting an DHCP address...

Okay, the setting look good. Power down the Pixcon and reboot the computer. After the computer reboots hold down the Factory IP button on the pixcon and power up the pixcon, keep the button pushed until the pixcon is fully booted up. Then open the LOR Network Configuration program and click on the LOR tab, click on Advanced and see what happens.

18 minutes ago, CKSedg said:

See screenshot in document attached.  

Doc5.docx

Unfortunately I can't open your .docx files on this old XP computer...

I did what you said exactly, Mr. P.  It AWAYS shows the list of PixCon16 controllers (which is just one in my situation).  I can "see" it, but the error comes when I click on it to reconfigure.  Same thing every time.

So when you click on it in the list the error boxes keep coming up? I'm stumped, you have done everything you are supoose to.

Yup, when I click on the device, the error shows up in the order in which I posted in the document.

It must be a computer problem, but I had the same thing with two computers on the first controller.  I haven't tried my laptop with this new controller, because I need it to work on the show computer.