Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR is wierd/cool

Guest guest

Well durring the shows last year I was showing off my computer setup. Well the computer was running a show and if the status moniter was not running ..... well they all thought that "this cant be controlling the lights the HD is barly running!". So I mean.. -um- 'how do I say this?' Just for fun is their a way to make the computer look "busy" without taking too much resorces up? For a future version of LOR could the little tray icon be a animated .gif of lights flashing?.... I mean if the status moniter was not running the computer could pass off as a computer doing nothing!....

Just A Thought.....

--Daniel L

Oddly enough, this hasn't been the first request for this. Even back in the Dasher days, people were commenting that "the media didn't even want to see the computer, because it didn't look 'cool' when it was controlling the show".

Chuck said at one of the PLUS's that he built his "big white cabinet" with all the blinky lights largely as a media-grabber...

The practical side of me says there are lots of little LOR features that are practical that I'd rather have before a "cool blinking lights" feature, though...

-Tim

java? The controller is NOT allowed on the internet because...

1. It has SLOWWWWWWW dial-up (but it works, I used it once)

2. It has no virus prtection

3. Like point two I cant risk a virus on the only capable (or somwhat) computer that I can use to run the show.

So running internet apps is out of the question....

Tim,

Yes, I agree that as long as WE (us at PC) know what is happening, then eveyone else worries about looking on the outside!:laughing: Still I would think it should do SOMTHING, but I also like the fact that it reall y looks like a plain computer, the OLDER computer that played a CD between the shows was thinking harder then the actual show computer!:laughing: If I was to be robed the robber would most likly take the older one because it seams likeit is always reading its HD so my other thoughts are that this could be a good thing because it could mis-lead bad-doers!

--Daniel L