Light-O-Rama Forums

Static RGB Display

MikeToo

I have a string of 50 RGB C9 bulbs connected to a Pixie16D controller.  I want to use them as a

static display of alternating red and white lights.  Can I create a sequence with the Pixel Editor to do this or

must I create a basic Animation Sequence with 150 channels setting the colors to red and

white individually for each of the 50 bulbs?

I’ll let someone else answer about using PE, but in about the time it took you to ask the question, you could have completed an animation sequence in SE to do this.

What are you planning to do with all the extra channels on the Pixie16?

Yes, PE can easily do that simple sequence.

Not aware how PE would turn bulbs 1,3,5, etc., to red and bulbs 2,4,6, etc., to white?

In SE, after adding the 50 rgb channels (via vegamatic maybe), you could turn channel 1 to red and channel 2 to white.  Then copy both channels and do a "multiple paste" to 25 rows. 

Thank you.  I'm looking at SE now.... I'm a newbee using the Pixel16D and RGB as well.  Each bulb in

my string is individually addressable ... I thought that was the purpose of using PE to keep from

creating 50 individual channels in SE.  Your suggestion is best and will try that!!

Vegomatic Download

Vegomatics is a freeware program that allows you M to quickly adding a bunch of rgb channels.  

Several youtube videos on it's use.  Check out the one by listertoourlights

Unless I've missed it, have not seen that you can create channels via PE, save them to a sequence and then edit trought channels via SE?

Vegomatic (while a very useful program if you use SE) is completely un-necessary for this as you can "Insert Device" in SE to add 50 RGB channels in about 3 seconds.

You can do alternating bulbs in PE.  Use the Linesvertical or Lineshorizontal option for your prop.  Select the colors you want, then chose the spacing, the smaller the spacing the more every other bulb it will be.  The Speed option will then create the "Chase" look, if you choose Speed 0, then it will stay static and not change.

On 3/14/2018 at 11:16 AM, k6ccc said:

Vegomatic (while a very useful program if you use SE) is completely un-necessary for this as you can "Insert Device" in SE to add 50 RGB channels in about 3 seconds.Just

Finally upgrade to V4  for PE, and didn't realize that you can not add a bunch of "dmx universe" channels....cool

1 hour ago, mpageler said:

Finally upgrade to V4  for PE, and didn't realize that you can not add a bunch of "dmx universe" channels....cool

I assume you meant "now add a bunch...".   I did not realize you were still on S3.  Lots of cool new stuff with S4.  Then S5 is another major change.  This year is being a royal pain between moving from S4 to S5 and some major changes to my show hardware, but by sometime later this year, I should be fully S5.  Although all my sequences that are running were created in s4, the server (what runs the landscaping show during non-Christmas season) has been S5 for a couple months.  I will soon be reshuffling the landscaping sequences into S5.  All the Christmas sequences SHOULD be S5 later this year.  The last step will be to update the Show computer to S5 when it takes over running the show in November...

Little_b : most helpful, however, I can't seem to get the "chase" effect. See attached

screen shot...?  Changing the Spacing seems to have no affect on the "preview".

The  displayed line never changes in size?  Changing the speed just causes the merged

lines to alternate but since they both have the same # of bulbs, there is no "chase" effect? ScreenShotPE1.jpg.68ca4346e3bdf241cd98b5efbe2a3f6c.jpg

If I'm understanding correctly, you are wanting to make a strand of red and white, every other bulb correct? R W R W R W etc.  On the option list, use linesvertical if your prop preview is horizontal, and lineshorizontal if your prop preview is vertical.  I know, it's backwards.  Then just use the left side and set the right to none.  Then select more than one color, that should give you the alternating bulbs.  The chase effect comes from using the speed option.

P E R F E C T ! ! !   Thank you sooooo much.... crazy about vert/horiz..... but working as described....:D

I've created a new prop, following the LOR Pixel Editor - Part 2 video.  After creating a new animation sequence in SE it takes me to the Pixel Editor to create a new PROP.  When creating the new prop with the Effect Generator, the video sets the "controller" to unassigned.  OK, did that.  Completed the new prop and have it working.  I save the Intensity Data File and the PE file.  When I go to the SE and open the .las file, there are NO props shown.  How do I get the prop created in PE to appear/be associated with in the SE. Furthermore, how do I assign a controller to the prop after it has been created? 

UPATE:  For some reason the PROP I created now appears in the sequence  when viewed with the SE.  But, there are no channels assigned to it??