Light-O-Rama Forums

Error when RBG string does not have a "pixel 1"

bbass101

I am trying to add a strip of RBG pixels to my vis. file. The string has DMX channels 451 to 510 on Universe 2. I set everything up and change the starting pixel to 151 and I get an error.

"There are one or more errors with your simulation that prevent it from running.  Please correct these errors and try again.
Child Pixel fixture test - DMX Pixels 1 does not have a main Pixel Fixture (a Pixel Universe Fixture with physical pixel 1).  A Pixel Universe Fixture when assembled requires a fixture with pixel #1"

How can I fix this ? I have several elements that do not start at the beginning of a universe. 

Thanks in advance

-Ben

On 2/27/2018 at 8:38 PM, k6ccc said:

Each element does not need to start on channel 1, but there must be a channel 1 in each universe.

Jim,

That what I thought. and I have another prop that is using pixel 1 and consequently channel 1 on this universe. Still produces the error. 

-Ben

Can you E-Mail the .viz file to me and I’ll take a look.  Jim at k6ccc dot org (converted to standard E-Mail address format).

• 2 weeks later...

Jim,

I just it to work by adding a separate pixel string with pixel 1 in use. I guess pixel arches are not treated as "pixels" when using the wizard. Thank you for your help.

-Ben

21 minutes ago, bbass101 said:

Jim,

I just it to work by adding a separate pixel string with pixel 1 in use. I guess pixel arches are not treated as "pixels" when using the wizard. Thank you for your help.

If adding a string that has pixel 1 in that universe fixed the problem, then you most likely did NOT actually have pixel 1 defined anywhere else.  If you did, you should now be getting a duplicate pixel warning.