Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencing CCR's in SE with Channels 151-157

Cyndie Neill

I'm trying to find a simple explanation of how to use channels 151-157 in sequence editor to program my CCR's. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.   Is there a list of some sort that explains exactly what needs to be done for each channel to sequence them to get the effects described in the programming guide?  Scrolling through all the channels to set and effect is making me crazier than I already am!!!!!

Yes, read the manual for the CCRs.  It explains the macro channels.  If you don’t have the manual, you can download it from the LOR website.

You cannot do that, the Macro Channels will always be there and cannot be disable.  Start the next CCR @ 160 or 161.

Edited by Dennis Cherry

I don't know what Dennis was answering, but other than reading the manual and a little experimenting, I can offer no suggestions.  Personally I have never used the macro channels, and see little reason to do so.

I'm not sure what Dennis was answering either. 

But if it was anything to do with deleting the macro channels, I've done that with every CCR/P/B I have and each device still works just fine without them.  

Its apparent you did not read the manual closely.

A CCR is a 50 pixel device, but LOR has the controller set for 157 channels. The first 150 are the pixels and the 7 remaining are the macro commands.  They are assigned to that device and cannot be used to control another device unless you want some funky lighting.

i have used CCR's since 2008  and understand how to make them work either in LOR or DMX.

Read page 7 again in the CR150D manual.

9 hours ago, George Simmons said:

I'm not sure what Dennis was answering either. 

But if it was anything to do with deleting the macro channels, I've done that with every CCR/P/B I have and each device still works just fine without them.  

I have no idea of what he was answering either.  But at least now I have several more explanations of what CCR's are, that I really didn't need, and misinformation about being able to remove them, which was never the question.  Guess I'll go through every version of the programming guide and put all the examples in a spreadsheet and work them from there.....there's only a couple effects I'm really interested in that just take tooooooo long to do without the help of those channels.....

The macro channels can be a great help to create some effects.    You are not locked into the way the manual describes them.    You can delete them or just never create them and you wont miss them.  If needed you can add them later.   If you are using them for any kind of matrix you should really consider moving them all together to a group instead of at the end of the 50 pixels they will control.    If people are interested I can do a live meeting on this topic. 

12 hours ago, Cyndie Neill said:

.....there's only a couple effects I'm really interested in that just take tooooooo long to do without the help of those channels.....

Care to describe the effect?    From your question here it doesn't seem like it's so easy to do with the macro channels.

Edited by steve synek
missing word

The random strobe would be nice.  I'd like to do a  random strobe, let's say in white, and put it over a fade or chase of a different color.  Any ideas?

I would love some kind of class on how to get those little buggers to work the way I want them to.  I'm just using the CCR's for arches, but they can do a whole lot more than just fades and chases and I'd like to get them figured out before I re-sequence my entire show for this year.  
Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Cyndie Neill said:

The random strobe would be nice.  I'd like to do a  random strobe, let's say in white, and put it over a fade or chase of a different color.  Any ideas?

Create the random pattern manually and save it as a named clipboard.

When you want to use it,  paste it to background.

• The topic was locked