Light-O-Rama Forums

Forsale singing trees

Dennis Laff

Decided to retire the holiday Coro  trees.  Used for 5 seasons .    Forsale.  4 Holiday Coro singing  trees and 1  holiday Coro. Singing Santa face. Thease are the 4 ft  square ones  all have led lights from Holiday Lights Express . Plus two lor CTB16c controllers.     $500.00   Pickup only located in the Chicago I'll area.    Contact. Dennis.   Email.   Lafffamily@comcast.net

• Like 1

No kidding.  I AM adding singing faces this year, and I would jump on it except for two things - first is that I'm no where near Chicago, and more important - I've already purchased almost everything for my new faces...

• Like 1

/\ /\ /\ - Not a very nice way to post to someones "for sale" thread. Maybe the favor should be returned when/ if you decide to sell something.

JR

1 hour ago, Vince4xmas said:

Burn them why?

I have a disdain for the HC trees and their oversized mouths. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian Mitchell said:

I have a disdain for the HC trees and their oversized mouths. 

Doesn't mean you have to post your "personal feelings" on someone's for sale thread.

No matter how you feel that is a heck of a deal for anyone that lives close enough to go pick them up. That's about as close to plug and play as you can get in this hobby.

JR

• Like 1

This will probably be the last year I'll be using my dumb node Holiday Coro faces. I'm switching over to xLights and the faces used on the P10 panels are incredible. The P10 matrix I'm building this year will take the place of the "main" singer in my group for some of the songs. So, I'll be posting my "for sale" post next year:rolleyes:

Hmmmm,

I live in Fond du Lac WI, only 3 hrs away from Chicago, and I am adding singing faces and a singing Santa this year.

My problem is space. I only have a small front yard as my house is only 8 feet from the sidewalk. I was going to use 24x30 Coro and put them in my front windows (I have a 3 season porch that spans the front of my house with 4 30" wide x 62" tall windows). I don't think they would look right sitting on the ground in my yard that close to the street / sidewalk. Plus my yard decorations would obscure them (mini trees and maybe adding a 12' 90 degree pixel tree).

I'll have to think about this.

31 minutes ago, Steve398 said:

Hmmmm,

I live in Fond du Lac WI, only 3 hrs away from Chicago, and I am adding singing faces and a singing Santa this year.

My problem is space. I only have a small front yard as my house is only 8 feet from the sidewalk. I was going to use 24x30 Coro and put them in my front windows (I have a 3 season porch that spans the front of my house with 4 30" wide x 62" tall windows). I don't think they would look right sitting on the ground in my yard that close to the street / sidewalk. Plus my yard decorations would obscure them (mini trees and maybe adding a 12' 90 degree pixel tree).

I'll have to think about this.

Can you put them on your porch? Think upward if no space. You can put them on top of each other like the old Hollywood Square show

JR

Now that's an thought JR. You have seen my yard and I am limited on space as well.

I have been trying to figure out what to do for 3 singing faces as I can't mount them on the house.

Only enough room for 1.

Edited by gsmith37064

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

Can you put them on your porch? Think upward if no space. You can put them on top of each other like the old Hollywood Square show

JR

The porch is entirely enclosed, putting the faces in front of the windows would obscure the lights I just spent a good deal of money on (RGB kit from LOR). If you look at my profile, you can see it better. But there is another dormer roof above the one you can see, and those lights would be blocked if I put the faces on the roof of the porch. Putting them on the upper roof would be too high (again, the house is VERY close to the sidewalk), it would be like star gazing with them up there.

The only place I can see putting them would be to stack them to the right of the house (on the left is my driveway which cannot be blocked), but I still think they are too big for the yard.

3 hours ago, gsmith37064 said:

Now that's an thought JR. You have seen my yard and I am limited on space as well.

I have been trying to figure out what to do for 3 singing faces as I can't mount them on the house.

Only enough room for 1.

Greg- I will

come up and well hang them in side of house like I do With some of mine. Pulley system.

I mounted eye bolts and I use 100 lb mono for year round.

When time to pull up the props I use 220lb para cord and tie mono, pull mono through until paracord is through. 

Tie off to eyebolts and pull up. Tue off at bottom to keep raised.

Been doing it that way for a long time. 

Look at my videos Christmas Singing Santa and last Halloween I didn’t use.

The mono is just so u don’t have to climb up each year to put paracord. You can’t see it or hooks.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, Steve398 said:

The porch is entirely enclosed, putting the faces in front of the windows would obscure the lights I just spent a good deal of money on (RGB kit from LOR). If you look at my profile, you can see it better. But there is another dormer roof above the one you can see, and those lights would be blocked if I put the faces on the roof of the porch. Putting them on the upper roof would be too high (again, the house is VERY close to the sidewalk), it would be like star gazing with them up there.

The only place I can see putting them would be to stack them to the right of the house (on the left is my driveway which cannot be blocked), but I still think they are too big for the yard.

Stacking works too. But you know what looks best to you.

Have you tried to make a vis to test different ways?

I have individual vis files that you can play around with , if you need them let me know.

JR

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Stacking works too. But you know what looks best to you.

Have you tried to make a vis to test different ways?

I have individual vis files that you can play around with , if you need them let me know.

JR

I would appreciate seeing what you have. Schutze63@gmail.com

I started learning how to do this with a single LOR AC controller in December, in January I bought 4 more. Sequencing the mini light window decorations I already had wasn't hard, but I have started next years new and improved setup already. Plus today I ordered an LOR kit of the Pixie16 with 800 (16x50) bullet pixels to wrap my porch windows and line the eaves. I'll buy more pixel strings as I figure out where to put them. But I know I want to do the faces right the first time. The Santa faces I have seen look easiest since the mouth movements I have seen are minimal. I'll start with that. Wish I had the room for those faces Dennis has. I put some cardboard out in the yard as a visual, but they would just take up too much room and too many props would get in the way of other props..

Hopefully 10 1/2 months is enough time to get this finished.

LOL

9 minutes ago, Steve398 said:

I would appreciate seeing what you have. Schutze63@gmail.com

I started learning how to do this with a single LOR AC controller in December, in January I bought 4 more. Sequencing the mini light window decorations I already had wasn't hard, but I have started next years new and improved setup already. Plus today I ordered an LOR kit of the Pixie16 with 800 (16x50) bullet pixels to wrap my porch windows and line the eaves. I'll buy more pixel strings as I figure out where to put them. But I know I want to do the faces right the first time. The Santa faces I have seen look easiest since the mouth movements I have seen are minimal. I'll start with that. Wish I had the room for those faces Dennis has. I put some cardboard out in the yard as a visual, but they would just take up too much room and too many props would get in the way of other props..

Hopefully 10 1/2 months is enough time to get this finished.

LOL

Ill send you the files. I will send you just the individual one and you can place it anywhere you want in any configuration. 

When you get that pixie16 hit me up and I will help you set it up quickly. A lot of people get stuck on configuring it. A quick phone call and everyone is happy. 

I did a writeup on how to set the pixies up but it seems most people don't read or skip key parts. You have to think of them differently than normal cotrollers. Instead on channels each port is a unit.

If you have 5 AC controllers now and you use them in order Unit ID's 1-5 then if you add the pixie you have to use unit ID 6 or higher. You configure it in HU and add it to S4 in SE.

That means if your starting unit ID for the pixie is 6 you will have 6,7,8,9 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D. 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15. You cannot change that with the pixies. All you can do is set the first unit ID and the rest is automatically done when you select pixie16 in setup.

With the new pixies (with dip switchs) the first thing you need to do if using a starting unit ID other than 1 is change the one dipswitch to the same position (off) as the rest of them. Factory default is set to unit ID1. 

That's a brief summary. As stated when you receive it I am more than happy to help you set it up in SE, HU and Comm. 

Do not forget the High Speed Adapter (Red) from LOR store. You will need it for the pixie or any RGB controllers.

JR

6 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Ill send you the files. I will send you just the individual one and you can place it anywhere you want in any configuration. 

When you get that pixie16 hit me up and I will help you set it up quickly. A lot of people get stuck on configuring it. A quick phone call and everyone is happy. 

I did a writeup on how to set the pixies up but it seems most people don't read or skip key parts. You have to think of them differently than normal cotrollers. Instead on channels each port is a unit.

If you have 5 AC controllers now and you use them in order Unit ID's 1-5 then if you add the pixie you have to use unit ID 6 or higher. You configure it in HU and add it to S4 in SE.

That means if your starting unit ID for the pixie is 6 you will have 6,7,8,9 0A, 0B, 0C, 0D. 0E, 0F, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15. You cannot change that with the pixies. All you can do is set the first unit ID and the rest is automatically done when you select pixie16 in setup.

With the new pixies (with dip switchs) the first thing you need to do if using a starting unit ID other than 1 is change the one dipswitch to the same position (off) as the rest of them. Factory default is set to unit ID1. 

That's a brief summary. As stated when you receive it I am more than happy to help you set it up in SE, HU and Comm. 

Do not forget the High Speed Adapter (Red) from LOR store. You will need it for the pixie or any RGB controllers.

JR

That would be great. I expect they will ship my stuff on Monday. I'll IM you with my number when it arrives.

Wait... what??? Adapter???

The lady at LOR didn't say anything about an adapter when I called to ask a couple of questions, all she said was I had to upgrade my S4 software to the PRO version, which I did.

Oh well, I'll get that ordered tonight, hopefully it gets in with the rest of my order.

6 minutes ago, Steve398 said:

That would be great. I expect they will ship my stuff on Monday. I'll IM you with my number when it arrives.

Wait... what??? Adapter???

The lady at LOR didn't say anything about an adapter when I called to ask a couple of questions, all she said was I had to upgrade my S4 software to the PRO version, which I did.

Oh well, I'll get that ordered tonight, hopefully it gets in with the rest of my order.

Yes, that's the one thing I wish they would either just add it and up the cost or state in the store "it is required to get the RS485HS Red High Speed Adapter for the pixie series devices. You will not use the black one and before the season you may want to pu a spare red adapter. I haven't had any problems with any of mine but I have a spare just in case.

http://store.lightorama.com/usbrs485hs.html

I just emailed you the vis

JR

Edited by dibblejr