Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR product suggestion For a Long Bridge Project

pyrodigy

Hello ,
My company currently planning a Cascade project on the bridge and client would like to add lightining within the project as well. Could you please provide me any suggestion which LOR products, RGB bulbs, RGB float or CCR will be suitable for this kind project ? Any help appricated.
Best Regards
Finished cascade will be look like that.

IMG-20180116-WA0003.jpg

Edited by pyrodigy

On 25.01.2018 at 3:18 AM, default said:

Your question would be probably better answered if you contacted LOR directly. Help Desk

Alan...

Hello Alan
Thank you for your response. I have already did. But unfortunately helpdesk responded to me as not satisfactory :(

16 minutes ago, pyrodigy said:

Hello Alan
Thank you for your response. I have already did. But unfortunately helpdesk responded to me as not satisfactory :(

If your help request was anything like the request here ???

Overseas is a bit ambiguous.  What Mains voltage does this need to operate at for one?

How many feet long?  How granular do the color sections need to be controlled (pixel level or 5M segment or ... ) How bright (Lumens) is your goal?

The only thing I am pretty sure of is it will need to be waterproof  (IP65+ )

4 hours ago, TheDucks said:

If your help request was anything like the request here ???

Overseas is a bit ambiguous.  What Mains voltage does this need to operate at for one?

How many feet long?  How granular do the color sections need to be controlled (pixel level or 5M segment or ... ) How bright (Lumens) is your goal?

The only thing I am pretty sure of is it will need to be waterproof  (IP65+ )

Hello @TheDucks Thank you for your response.

I will do my best to answer for your questions. Mains voltage we use 220VAC  50/60 Hz. The bridge abouth 4.300 feet long and both eaves will be lightining. Each 30 feet or more lenght Colour section will controlled due to bridge lenght.
Bright is most important thing in this matter, but not considered for now only i can say as much as it can. Also yes outdoor waterproof (ip65+) equipments need to be used.
Scenario that i thought for DC controlled system; CMB24D RGB controllers + Led stripts + G3-MP3 ShowTime Director  (with real-time clock) + Signal Repeaters..ext
But In this system will cost much more than client's expected. :( 
Best Regards

4 hours ago, pyrodigy said:

Hello Alan

Sounds like you need help with engineering and specifying in uncharted waters. (Pun intended.) LOR probably gave you some general answers as liability suits in the USA are crazy these days. You really need to contact one of their many authorized partners that specialize in specifying new and different installation needs. I have some experience with Don here on the forums and would recommend him as a possible starting point. He could at least tell you if you’re all washed up or not. (Again, on purpose.) Here’s Don’s company link: 

https://synchronized.christmas/

1 hour ago, pyrodigy said:

Hello @TheDucks Thank you for your response.

I will do my best to answer for your questions. Mains voltage we use 220VAC  50/60 Hz. The bridge abouth 4.300 feet long and both eaves will be lightining. Each 30 feet or more lenght Colour section will controlled due to bridge lenght.
Bright is most important thing in this matter, but not considered for now only i can say as much as it can. Also yes outdoor waterproof (ip65+) equipments need to be used.
Scenario that i thought for DC controlled system; CMB24D RGB controllers + Led stripts + G3-MP3 ShowTime Director  (with real-time clock) + Signal Repeaters..ext
But In this system will cost much more than client's expected. :( 
Best Regards

Yow! a minimum of 142 RGB channels per side . Depending on bridge width, it might be possible to drive both sides of the roadbed from the same controller .  Use of 24V strings, might allow you to drive both sides of the roadbed from the same RGB channel, reducing the number of controllers.    This project is not a simple engineering task.  There are lots of trade-offs: Save materials (fewer controller locations) and have higher maintenance costs.  Availability of power at the controller locations.  How to handle the issue of pushing the RS485 length  limit.  

This is not a casual project.  You might review the San Francisco Bay Bridge Lights project (originally,was supposed to be temporary).  Those are Only WHITE (but fully addressable) and had to be hardened against the salt air of the SF bay when they rebuilt the system.

Hello

If you are in europe, a company in the Netherlands has experience with this kind of projects,   Inventdesign,   Email: info@inventdesign.nl

Man, they are creative with light. ( I am not an employee, just an admiring their work )

Best regards

Dick

Would be interesting to figure that out as based on the picture, it looks like the lights are mounted under the railing somehow and shine down on the water.  What confuses me a little bit is it looks like the waterfalls edge is further out than the railing but yet the lights reflection can be seen at the bottom of the waterfall clearly.  Maybe it's my eyes or an optical illusion but I would figure the base of the waterfall would be in the shadow of the ledge above it and the lights wouldn't hit the water.  Looking at the picture, you can see that each section of the lights are only like 4-5 feet long so I'm not sure what they are using there.

Keep us posted if you can on your progress.

• 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked