Light-O-Rama Forums

Where do you buy your RGB pixel lights?

Pinhighn2

Starting to learn pixel editor to add pixels to my 2018 show.  For those using smart pixels in your shows, looking for recommendations on where you buy your lights?  What type of pixel lights do you use ( WS2811, strip pixels, etc.)?  Getting ready to purchase and want to buy reliable, quality lights that will not give me problems.  Not interested in buying cheapest lights to save a few bucks.  Thanks for your response.

I've gotten everything from LOR and have been very pleased with how easily they set up and how durable they have been. I would highly recommend getting the complete sets of lights with controllers from the store here. You can find things elsewhere that you have to piece together yourself - bu I can't speak highly enough about the quality of the LR products, and their service should you have questions or concerns later.

• Like 1

I have LOR Cosmic color Pixels from LOR.

I have both WS2811 smart pixels and strips and dumb strips from Ray Wu.

I have GE Color Effects bulbs from two different LOR forum members.

I have WS2811 pixels from another LOR forum member who got them from Holiday-Light-Express

• Like 1

I purchased my smart pixels from HolidayCoro.com. I’d post a link here, but I’m not sure that forum rules allow me to do so. 

I purchased the HolidayCoro 50-count 12mm 12 volt smart pixel strings, without any of the leaders (plugs), because I do my own soldering.  I purchased my smart pixel pigtails from HolidayCoro.com (waterproof, 3-wire male plug extensions, and waterproof, 3-wire female plug extensions).  I use these 12mm nodes on a numberof props (e.g., mini trees).

I purchased the HolidayCoro 50-count C9 12 volt smart pixel strings (Brilliant Bulbs, 12 volt, 8” spacing).  I use these on my roof lines and yard lines (e.g., sides of lawn, driveway).  They look like the old-fashioned Christmas lights .

I purchased the LOR CCRs/controllers.  I use them to frame my front windows, and I use them inside my arches.  These CCRs and controllers work perfectly, and are very durable. 

Mostly 12v  ws2811 12mm nodes from Holidaycoro during their mid winter pre-sales.  Used their ws2811 C9 Brillant Bulbs on a mega wreath which turned out great.  All my other dump rgb products have also come from HC.  This includes strips and rectangle modules.  Pretty decent light order each of the past 3 years and haven't had one failure yet. 

Many also buy from diyledexpress during the winter pre-sale.

Many buy directly fromChina.  but since you couldn't afford the cost of returning defective product,  you need some comfort that dealer will provide credit/refund w/o forcing yhou to return a defective string of lights.  

Ebay RexinLED for WS2811nodes , ships from TX, can custom make and free S/H. They also sell on Amazon. I ordered 15K, no bad nodes.

CCR ribbons- LOR (mostly)

JR

I just made my first large purchase from HolidayCoro during their January Pre-Sale.

• 50 x 50-pixel 8mm/12mm WS2811 12V black square node "lay flat" strings
  • 40 x 50-pixel 8mm/12mm WS2811 12V black bullet node strings
  • 40 x 30m/10m 5m WS2811 12V  ribbons (equivalent to CCR-II ribbons)
  • 3 x 60m/20m 5m WS2811 12V ribbons (for my Johnson arches) 
  • Lots of other supporting stuff (4 pairs candy canes w/rectangular WS2811 12V modules), lots of 5, 10 and 20 foot extension cables, 3 of the new HC 2500 enclosures, large RGB star, etc.

Spent waaaay too much money, but the savings from buying in bulk with the pre-sale prices when compared to "other" pricing is just staggering.

19 hours ago, mwilson6192 said:

Spent waaaay too much money, but the savings from buying in bulk with the pre-sale prices when compared to "other" pricing is just staggering.

:lol::lol: I'm right there with you! We just bought everything we needed for our Pixel Mega Tree from HolidayCoro during their pre-season sale... And spent WAAAAAAAAAY too much money... But I agree, the pricing is just too good to pass up!! 

• 8 months later...

I’m looking for pixel bullets and comparing prices/reliability. New to the pixel game. Will the pixie 16 controller safely run the ray wu pixels?  LOR rep replied to a question saying the pixie 16 would only work with LOR strings, but that didnt sound right to me .  Additionally, I’ve noticed multiple Ray wu items that all seem to be the same....

also, how many strings can I run per line on the pixie?  Assuming 100 bulb lines?  Really not looking to do injection on them

thanks!