Light-O-Rama Forums

strobe light strings?

rcktpwrd

1 hour ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Expected them to be non-dimmable.   But it also says three second warm up.  I would like to test these. 

I am ordering a couple sets to wrap a mega tree.

A lady from Texas, whose judgement I trust, has these and says they look like mini xenon strobes when they fire and the effect is striking - even from a distance.

Her advice is essentially:  Buy! Buy! Buy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The two links appears to be the same product.  Christmas Light Emporium had the string for $16.99 as their Pre-sale (delivery in six months), and All things Christmas has them in stock for $11.17, so I ordered for strings from them.  Free shipping even.

Just now, k6ccc said:

The two links appears to be the same product.  Christmas Light Emporium had the string for $16.99 as their Pre-sale (delivery in six months), and All things Christmas has them in stock for $11.17, so I ordered for strings from them.  Free shipping even.

The strings for $11.97 are 25-light strings.

The strings for $16.99 are 50 lights.

I went with the 50-light strings from Christmas Light Emporium.

Just now, George Simmons said:

The strings for $11.97 are 25-light strings.

The strings for $16.99 are 50 lights.

I went with the 50-light strings from Christmas Light Emporium.

Good catch - I missed that....

I ordered four of the 100 light strings with the 6" spacing from All Things Christmas.

Edited by Mr. P

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

I ordered four of the 100 light strings with the 6" spacing from All Things Christmas.

Did you get the 1/5 ?

Thank you

JR

Just now, Mr. P said:

Yes, that was the only 100 bulb string they had.

They have 2 one 1/5 and the other I am assuming all are strobes. About $10 dif

2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

They have 2 one 1/5 and the other I am assuming all are strobes. About $10 dif

I see, I got the $28.49 each. I am planning on three sets, so 150 lights wrapped on my mega tree 150' long. This will leave me one spare for a backup.

I had been looking at them but couldn't figure out the difference and then after seeing this thread and the lights in the video above they all flash so I could only assume the other set of 100 were all strobes. Guess I will know when they get here.

Mine is 64 of green and blue and then I added the red C9's after my hook head broke and they all came crashing down. The new frying pan hook head can take the AL storage heat and the weight. Thought about adding white and use shimmer until I seen the video above.

Thanks for the info

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Just now, dibblejr said:

I had been looking at them but couldn't figure out the difference and then after seeing this thread and the lights in the video above they all flash so I could only assume the other set of 100 were all strobes. Guess I will know when they get here.

Thanks for the info

JR

I believe the 1/5 is one strobe for every five lights whereas the other is all are strobes.

I just ordered 6 strings of the 50 count from the second link posted, I think they will look really cool in our mega tree! B)