Light-O-Rama Forums

Time to start

james morris

Am trying to put a New Years eve show together, but I have some plans for next year, but nothing started yet.   This injury has left me without the use of my right hand for a few months,  So I will have a late start.

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2017 at 5:55 AM, james morris said:

Have my first 7 sequences done for halloween they are Lms and pixel

7 Sequences for Halloween?! Just curious but how many people stick around for most of the 7 songs?? I can't seem to get people to stick around for more than 1 song during the Halloween season. 

16 minutes ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

7 Sequences for Halloween?! Just curious but how many people stick around for most of the 7 songs?? I can't seem to get people to stick around for more than 1 song during the Halloween season. 

James and the gang ended up with over 100 sequences to select from however cant play them all at one showing.

I ended up with 13 on any given night with each night having something different. With the exception of my 3 skit shows.  I had some viewers watch through 2 complete showings just to see my Ghostbusters skit and my This is Halloween skit. Halloween night the flood gates opened and I had people coming from all over. Even dancing in my driveway and yard at times. 

If you make it great and fun they will come. Actually though I do it for my children, family and close friends. The rest are just receive the bonus of viewing.

You may want to look at Bobs MIIP, once you have your playlist built then let your community know that they can select the sequences from your playlist, just the technology hype alone should get people out. That is my 2018 goal. With well over 150 sequences to place in my playlist.

Best of luck

JR

I run one sequence looped. I use it as my ambient sound and light show for my haunt display. It's not transmitted through an FM transmitter but rather through nice powerful speakers for the full deep frequencies to vibrate the body and brain.

It's not entertainment to be experienced from the car.  It sets the mood for when you get out of the car to get your treat. B)

The lights attract them like moths to a bug light. The music creeps their inner souls once they approach the house.

Come get your candy kids.... :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

... The lights attract them like moths to a bug light. The music creeps their inner souls once they approach the house.

Come get your candy kids.... :)

Great way to start the morning. Coffee snot rockets everywhere!

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 5:55 AM, james morris said:

Have my first 7 sequences done for halloween they are Lms and pixel

What songs did you do?

I have two for Halloween and three for Christmas but have stopped for the time being, we are moving from NE to NC in two weeks so I will be packing my sequencing computers for a week or so.  When I get setup back east then I will start cranking stuff out.

2 hours ago, bryan.hurley5 said:

Thank god I am still rather new and only have 3 controllers. I get to relax till the summer :)

Bzzzzzzt!

Although it's fewer controllers, because you are new, it will take longer to sequence than someone with more experience.  Besides, you don't want to be rushed!

I'm making some major shuffles in my display this year (changing a bunch of stuff and adding about 61,000 channels), so everything gets a major re-sequence.  The final channel layout is completed (I think), and  I'm doing visualizations (for SuperStar) and Previews (for S5 sequencer) now. 

On the hardware side, I am working on my P10 matrix.  I won't receive the parts for the P5 matrix for a couple months, but hopefully most of what I learn with the P10 matrix will apply to the P5 matrix.

6 hours ago, bryan.hurley5 said:

Thank god I am still rather new and only have 3 controllers. I get to relax till the summer :)

It’s just a matter of time before the bug gets to you.

As Jim states above. Better to be ahead of schedule and relax as you design build and plan for 2018 than to stress at last minute.

Depending on your location if you’re cooped up in house it’s a good time to plan.

Not saying you don’t have a plan, just throwing it out to you.

LOR spring sale coming up. 

JR

41 minutes ago, Vince4xmas said:

Jan/Feb is a great time to build your new props!

Test them and put away.

Most time will be spent programming.

I'm building everything for Halloween right now. It's going to be an all interactive Disney show. So many relays, switches, servos, and wire in between. I sometimes wish I were addicted to alcohol. It may be cheaper and less stressful!

2 hours ago, Santas Helper said:

I've found having both addictions help in this hobby. Haha

Just stay off the tower while on the bottle LOL Don't want you to end up looking like Murry.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...