Light-O-Rama Forums

FREE Sequence U Class - Using Master Track Sequence Structure

George Simmons

There will be a FREE Sequence U class on Thursday, 12/28/2017, beginning at 8:00 PM CENTRAL. The name of the class is Using the Master Track Sequence Structure.

This class will cover, in step-by-step detail, how you can insure 100% error-free upgrading of older sequences from year to year as your display and channel count grows. The best time to learn this is now, before you close up shop for the season.

Here's the class link: https://go.teamviewer.com/v12/m21113953    Meeting ID: m21-113-953
14 hours ago, George Simmons said:
There will be a FREE Sequence U class on Thursday, 12/28/2017, beginning at 8:00 PM CENTRAL. The name of the class is Using the Master Track Sequence Structure.

Well if this doesn’t scream MERRY CHRISTMAS, what does?

George, with the year you’ve had and to still want to give this much time and effort.... Well - you’re just a great person. 

PEOPLE sign up now. George’s classes are great and you’ll never beat this price!

Thanks for doing thus George. I don't have teamviewer on my mobile device so I can't follow the link right now as it asks to install the app. I'm pretty sure it's on my desktop though.  

Since I ended up loading S5 beta is this class still applicable?  I'm not sure if S5 still uses "master track" since now it uses the "grid"?  But I'm not really educated on either so I' could be way off base. 

13 hours ago, Mega Arch said:

Well if this doesn’t scream MERRY CHRISTMAS, what does?

George, with the year you’ve had and to still want to give this much time and effort.... Well - you’re just a great person. 

PEOPLE sign up now. George’s classes are great and you’ll never beat this price!

Thanks Daniel.  Truth is, I'm actually getting tired of having nothing to do.  First time in the last 25 years I've been idle this time of year.  Heart attacks are so over-rated...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and also to Helmet Head.

38 minutes ago, whyintheworld said:

Thanks for doing thus George. I don't have teamviewer on my mobile device so I can't follow the link right now as it asks to install the app. I'm pretty sure it's on my desktop though.  

Since I ended up loading S5 beta is this class still applicable?  I'm not sure if S5 still uses "master track" since now it uses the "grid"?  But I'm not really educated on either so I' could be way off base. 

Sorry, but I can't answer your questions.  Although I'm guessing someone else here probably can.  I haven't gotten around to looking at S5 yet - I'm still waiting for them to get the bugs out of it while wondering why I need it.

I don't know what "grids" would have to do with it, though - as far as I know, LOR software has had grids since it was first hatched sometime in the last century or whenever it was.

• Like 1

According to the TeamViewer website, their largest paid license only supports a max of 25 meeting participants while the cheapest license has a limit of 5.  If he has the free version it's probably even fewer than 5.

George just said:

Apparently I screwed something up with Team Viewer.  I updated my version and figured that was all I had to do.  Seems that was an incorrect assumption.   Based on the number of times I had to dismiss the dialog box telling me no one else could join in, there was about 50 of y'all who didn't get past the club bouncer.  Sorry.  I'll get this figured out and will repeat the class again NEXT THURSDAY AT 8 PM CENTRAL.

On 12/23/2017 at 9:38 AM, George Simmons said:

Thanks Daniel.  Truth is, I'm actually getting tired of having nothing to do.  First time in the last 25 years I've been idle this time of year.  Heart attacks are so over-rated...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, and also to Helmet Head.

Sorry, but I can't answer your questions.  Although I'm guessing someone else here probably can.  I haven't gotten around to looking at S5 yet - I'm still waiting for them to get the bugs out of it while wondering why I need it.

I don't know what "grids" would have to do with it, though - as far as I know, LOR software has had grids since it was first hatched sometime in the last century or whenever it was.

Heart attacks are very overrated! I'm a nurse and the one place in the hospital that I hate being sent to is the telemetry unit. I'm a tiny human nurse. Not a heart nurse! 

Hopefully, you're starting to feel less like a train wreck and a little more back to normal. 

On 12/23/2017 at 7:38 AM, George Simmons said:

Truth is, I'm actually getting tired of having nothing to do.  First time in the last 25 years I've been idle this time of year.  Heart attacks are so over-rated..

I know exactly how you feel. This is just one of the reasons I got involved in Christmas lights and Lightorama. I had a very active lifestyle until my first heart attack, 6 years ago. Then I bounced back from that only to have an accident at work which left me permanently disabled. I have had 5 more heart attacks since my first and started collecting stents. I needed something to work my brain so Lightorama was my choice. I enjoy sequencing a lot. There is so much to the software that I want to learn. Building my display is physically challenging but I do it. It just takes me longer than most to put up. I am considering taking some of your classes but I am not sure which ones to start with. 

Thanks

Tom

On 1/5/2018 at 5:33 AM, dansamy said:

Heart attacks are very overrated! I'm a nurse and the one place in the hospital that I hate being sent to is the telemetry unit. I'm a tiny human nurse. Not a heart nurse! 

Hopefully, you're starting to feel less like a train wreck and a little more back to normal. 

I agree 100% - despite the fact I've encountered nothing but highly skilled and dedicated nurses, I also hate being sent to telemetry.  Almost as much as I hate going to the CCU.

The train wreck phase is past, or mostly past anyway.  Thanks for asking.  Normal, however, is something that people who know me might argue I haven't been for decades, if ever...

On 1/5/2018 at 10:44 AM, TBS99 said:

I know exactly how you feel. This is just one of the reasons I got involved in Christmas lights and Lightorama. I had a very active lifestyle until my first heart attack, 6 years ago. Then I bounced back from that only to have an accident at work which left me permanently disabled. I have had 5 more heart attacks since my first and started collecting stents. I needed something to work my brain so Lightorama was my choice. I enjoy sequencing a lot. There is so much to the software that I want to learn. Building my display is physically challenging but I do it. It just takes me longer than most to put up. I am considering taking some of your classes but I am not sure which ones to start with. 

Thanks

Tom

I can relate all too well about needing things to keep my brain busy.  I'm finding, even with dedication, that there's just so many hours each day that one can devote to being an internet troll before it starts becoming too repetitive.

Looking into corners and under rocks for tips and time-saving tricks in the Sequence Editor is something I cover in many different classes.  I'm a big believer in knowing what tools are in the toolbox.  If you haven't already seen it, here's a link that goes into a bit more detail what the main topics for each class are.  If you have questions, drop me a PM or an email.  http://www.clearwaterlights.org/2018_SU_gen_info.html   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, George Simmons said:

I agree 100% - despite the fact I've encountered nothing but highly skilled and dedicated nurses, I also hate being sent to telemetry.  Almost as much as I hate going to the CCU.

The train wreck phase is past, or mostly past anyway.  Thanks for asking.  Normal, however, is something that people who know me might argue I haven't been for decades, if ever...

I can relate all too well about needing things to keep my brain busy.  I'm finding, even with dedication, that there's just so many hours each day that one can devote to being an internet troll before it starts becoming too repetitive.

Looking into corners and under rocks for tips and time-saving tricks in the Sequence Editor is something I cover in many different classes.  I'm a big believer in knowing what tools are in the toolbox.  If you haven't already seen it, here's a link that goes into a bit more detail what the main topics for each class are.  If you have questions, drop me a PM or an email.  http://www.clearwaterlights.org/2018_SU_gen_info.html   

I probably should have used that oft repeated nursing terminology "back to baseline", which is always the ultimate, even if oftentimes unattainable, nursing goal.