Light-O-Rama Forums

100 percent LOR

dave

Just wondering how many of you out there are 100 percent LOR users when it comes to using RGB pixels?

I know there are other programs and controllers out there but I want to stick with what I know and you cant beat the customer service with LOR.

I currently have the advanced version of LOR and from what I see I need the pro version, no big deal. I have been playing with PE 

and was wondering if there are more effects and other things in the pro version?

also I would like to see any videos that are done with LOR using pixels.

Thank you 

Dave

I am a hybrid as I bought some kits from Holiday Coro that included their pixels and controller, running over e1.31.   This year I bought some LOR smart pixel stuff (Pixie2 and square nodes for my "tune to" sign), and my dumb RGB stuff in on an LOR controller as well.  Usability is about the same, once you get past the minor learning curve of non-LOR equipment.   Wiring is a little different, and I think I might ultimately prefer E1.31 over RS-485.   The jury is still out on that.

• Like 1

All my AC controllers are LOR, 3 Dumb RGB controllers are LOR and I have 3 Pixcon16, a Pixie4, 8, &16, 1 Alphapix4, and 4 SanDevices E6804 pixel Controllers.  The Pixels and power supplies came from a few different places, but the set up is all pretty much the same.  The Pixel Controllers are connected using the E1.31 network.  All the Programming I've done so far is in LOR using SE and PE.  I'm excited for S5 where they are combined into one program.  I have dabbled in SS, but found I can do what I need in PE, so I haven't paid for the SS upgrade at this point.  Perhaps sometime in the future.  Here is one song from this year:

Edited by Little_b
More info
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was all over the place this year:

10 LOR AC boxes
3 LOR CMD24
2 LOR PIXCON16
2 SAN6804
1 Falcon F4V3
1 ESpixel

I am thinking I am going to sell off the SAN6804s and maybe a couple LOR AC boxes.    Looking to add more Falcon and a ton of ESpixels for 2018.

• Like 1

i used 8 LOR pixie controllers and LOR S5 for all of my show and it worked flawlessly. This yearthough I'm a little scared being I'm adding about 340 DMX universes and LOR literally is now crawling and not usable. I have to add a post to see whats up

I have 8 LOR controllers, an AlphaPix 16, Falcon 16V2, three Raspberry Pi's (one to run my show and two to run two P10 matrix's I use).

17 hours ago, brichi said:

i used 8 LOR pixie controllers and LOR S5 for all of my show and it worked flawlessly. This yearthough I'm a little scared being I'm adding about 340 DMX universes and LOR literally is now crawling and not usable. I have to add a post to see whats up

S4 has issues the more pixels you add, was not designed for that.  S5 is suppose to fix that but currently in beta.  you have friends, you will do alright.

• Like 1

100% LOR

(6) AC Controllers

(3) DC Dumb Controllers

(1) Pixcon16

(1) Pixie4

Only issue I have had is the network plugs on the AC controllers are a little flaky as I did not use bootless ethernet cables. Plan to send these into LOR for repair this year.

On 1/3/2018 at 10:26 AM, smithzone said:

10 LOR AC boxes
3 LOR CMD24
2 LOR PIXCON16
2 SAN6804
1 Falcon F4V3
1 ESpixel

I am thinking I am going to sell off the SAN6804s and maybe a couple LOR AC boxes.    Looking to add more Falcon and a ton of ESpixels for 2018.

I would be interested in the Sans controllers.  PM me when you get ready to sell

On January 3, 2018 at 12:26 PM, smithzone said:

10 LOR AC boxes
3 LOR CMD24
2 LOR PIXCON16
2 SAN6804
1 Falcon F4V3
1 ESpixel

Do you have a price list ?

16 minutes ago, Dennis Laff said:

Do you have a price list ?

Not yet - I am still taking stuff down, but will probably put some stuff up in February.  Need to figure out what is migrating and how many of the partially full LOR AC boxes I can consolidate.   

• 2 months later...

I currently have 4 LOR 1602 AC controllers and looking to add at least 2 more.  And I have a LOR CTB24 DC controller.  I have been very happy with them!

I have a Renard 32 channel DMX controller and it sucks.  The dimming on it is very uneven and unpredictable.  That's why I want at least 2 more LOR controllers, to replace this piece of ...

And I have a cheap Chinese 27 channel DC DMX controller.  The first one was DOA.  But the second one has worked quite reliably for 3 years now.

The really interesting controller tho, is an Arduino Mega using DMX protocol to control 32 channels of 120V DC LED strings in a 4 X 8 matrix.

Will have 5 LOR ac controllers this year,   THe Dumb RGB's are controller by a combination of 3 channel up to 24 channel controllers, all bought second hand, or from Amazon of all places...

I have 19 - CTB16K controllers, 1 - CTB16PC, 2 - CMB16 at this point but am looking at adding pixels maybe this year.  Will probably use a Falcon unit to add them in as I picked up a Falcon PiHat and an F4V2 from Falcon last fall to play with.
Not sure what software to go with for the RGB stuff yet.  I am looking at Xlights and FPP for running them but the new S5 software is something I need to look at!

I am 100% LOR too:      6 - CTB16PC,   3 -  Dumb RGB,   12 - CCR for Matrix Screen..

Edited by Lee T.

I have 8 AC controllers that are all AOL.  However, none of my pixel/RGB is AOL.  To expensive.  That being said, I have never had a minute of issue with my AOL equipment.  Same can't be said for my HC stuff.

AOL ???  I assume auto spell mangle did that for you. - but America Off Line!

OK, I know you really intended LOR...  

On 3/22/2018 at 9:14 AM, DrWizard said:

I currently have 4 LOR 1602 AC controllers and looking to add at least 2 more.  And I have a LOR CTB24 DC controller.  I have been very happy with them!

I have a Renard 32 channel DMX controller and it sucks.  The dimming on it is very uneven and unpredictable.  That's why I want at least 2 more LOR controllers, to replace this piece of ...

And I have a cheap Chinese 27 channel DC DMX controller.  The first one was DOA.  But the second one has worked quite reliably for 3 years now.

The really interesting controller tho, is an Arduino Mega using DMX protocol to control 32 channels of 120V DC LED strings in a 4 X 8 matrix.

Kind of funny, i have a renard 32, a renard TR16, TR24, 2 Strip controllers, never once had an issue with dimming on any of them.