Light-O-Rama Forums

Dan - Show Not Inititating

machtoo

Dan,

I received my 128 channel setup with one 1602WMP3. I have successfully run my sequences directly through the 485B and PC. However, I loaded a 3 song show for Halloween as a test show for the MP3 (Unit 01), put the time file on the SD card and then loaded the card in the Showtime slot at the right time.

Watched the clock but the show did not fire. Tried this several times, using Simple Show Builder to build and the hardware utility to create the time file and place it on the card.

After plugging the card in, the LEDs chase and then the R flashes twice every few seconds.

Read everything on the forums. Any suggestions to try. Would be nice to have a manual kickoff to test the show sequence as well.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dean (Machtoo)

I am not familiar with the MP3 player, but out of curiosity, are you using 2.0.16 or 2.0.14? If you are using the latter, it expired on June 30 and you would need to upgrade to the newest version. Someone else reported a similar problem and they were using the old software version.

The blink pattern (two flashes, pause, ...) says the DC-MP3 is waiting for a scheduled show. The time or schedule may not be what you expect.

Remove the SD card (and any wireless units) and cable the 1602MP3 to the PC with your USB adapter. Start the Hardware Utility and click the "LOR MP3" tab. On the lower right of the window you should soon see "MP3 Connected" and the time it thinks it is. If it's wrong, click the "Set" button.

When you're sure the time is correct, disconnect the cable to the PC and put in the SD card with your scheduled show.

John, I did use the Hardware Utility to check/set the MP3 time and it appeared correct. If I set the time using hardware utility do you need to also include the time file on the SD card?

I will use the utility again and check the time on the MP3 unit.

The 1603MP3 should be powered up for about 15 minutes to fully charge the capacitor that keeps the time when power is off. After this point, the capacitor will keep time for a few days when the 1602MP3 is powered off. Once you set the time there is no need to put a time file on the SD card. Of course, if you power it off for a few days, you will have to set the time again. Most people leave it powered up for the season.

After the time is set, you just need to put your scheduled show on the SD card, either with the Simple Show Builder or Hardware Utility. If it still does not work, there is a possiblilty that the SD card is bad -- it is a small possibililty, but I have seen it a couple times.

If you don't put a schedule on the SD card, but simply set it to run anytime powered, does the show play?

I created the show with the hardware utility and set it to start when powered up. The show started successfully. Based on the fact that the LEDs chase when the unit starts, I assume it has the newer version of the firmware that corrected the scheduling?

The clock in the MP3 unit is returning the correct time to the hardware utility.

Any thoughts?

I just reflashed the firmware for the MP3 player with the latest (DC_MP3_V3-2.lhx) off of the support site and re-created a scheduled show. We'll see if it fires on time.

The reflash did the trick! Show fired on schedule :( All is well. Now I can set the other seven controllers. Looking forward to the holidays!