Light-O-Rama Forums

Connecting P10 LED panels to LOR?

brichi

yeah, not worth it, building a frame it is! lol

Just worried about weight to hang from windows, Im doing a 56 panel one and then adding a frame on top of it im not too sure how im supporting this y

4 minutes ago, brichi said:

yeah, not worth it, building a frame it is! lol

Just worried about weight to hang from windows, Im doing a 56 panel one and then adding a frame on top of it im not too sure how im supporting this y

if you do aluminum frame then it should add more than a pound or two to weight.   Only reason I need my wife's help with the 4ftx4ft version is it's awkward to carry.  We picked up our P10 Marquee yesterday and it was framed with 1 x 6, still pretty light.

ok awesome, once I get them all I will definitely start planning out frame and mounting options. should be roughly 6'x5' total so not much bigger then yours, you know your approximate weight of yours total? I doubt u ever weighed it, lol

Edited by brichi

7 minutes ago, brichi said:

ok awesome, once I get them all I will definitely start planning out frame and mounting options. should be roughly 6'x5' total so not much bigger then yours, you know your approximate weight of yours total? I doubt u ever weighed it, lol

if I had to guess I would say 10lbs.  Not particularly heavy but my wife and I are smurfs so my wingspan is shorter than most.

hahahah love it, thats really light, glad to hear, thanks for the info as always, im sure ill be bothering you next week once everything arrives :)

The outdoor panels are only sealed on the face they require A-frame that specially built for them to mount two because the back side has a gasket on it. 

Some people are building an enclosure and using a clear tablecloth or shower curtain for the face, this may or may not save you some weight depending on how you build it. 

The beaglebone does support 1/4 scan with Dan's latest image.

ok cool, good to know

also I used the boscoyo mounts to attach 4 panels together to make a square and there is a small gap between all the panels, is this normal? I can see right through all the edges where the panels are supposed to meet flush. I can drill the holes one the boscoyo mounts a little bigger so I have play to move them close but I figure thats a lot of holes 60 panels later and is it really needed

22 minutes ago, brichi said:

ok cool, good to know

also I used the boscoyo mounts to attach 4 panels together to make a square and there is a small gap between all the panels, is this normal? I can see right through all the edges where the panels are supposed to meet flush. I can drill the holes one the boscoyo mounts a little bigger so I have play to move them close but I figure thats a lot of holes 60 panels later and is it really needed

there is a little bit of a gap between mine on my P10 but less of a gap on the P10 Marquee so it's hard to say.  might want to ask Boscoyo on that one.  On my regular P10 the gaps aren't noticeable from the street, I only notice it in the morning when sunlight comes thru that window.

thanks! I actually used black tape on the back end so you can't see through now but now sure once theres an image on it if that difference between the pixels will matter, I doubt it

do you have video of yours running? the pics look great

3 minutes ago, brichi said:

thanks! I actually used black tape on the back end so you can't see through now but now sure once theres an image on it if that difference between the pixels will matter, I doubt it

do you have video of yours running? the pics look great

You may not want the black tape sealing up between the panels.

First off my large panel is made with those connectors and you don't notice the small Gap. 

Second thing you should consider is the way these panels are built the front is going to act like a passive solar panel when the sun is hitting it. 

You would want some Gap in the panels so that when the heat rises inside the panel it has somewhere to go. 

I'm a ways out from doing a P10 project  but will be interested in how your guys get P10 panels intregated into LOR.     Once you have the panesl, BBB/Pi, Octoscroller,  Iimages file and 5v PS all built, then what?  I'm not interested in going the route of xlights and Falcon Player software. 

4 hours ago, mpageler said:

I'm a ways out from doing a P10 project  but will be interested in how your guys get P10 panels intregated into LOR.     Once you have the panesl, BBB/Pi, Octoscroller,  Iimages file and 5v PS all built, then what?  I'm not interested in going the route of xlights and Falcon Player software. 

what is your objection to xLights?  Falcon Player?  This is my first year with both and they were easy to use, Falcon Player was load and go (you don't have to go behind the scenes and mess with Linux).  The interface in browser based.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:00 PM, brichi said:

sick!! my wife loves that im already buying for next year, this year isn't even over yet, lol

While I have used xlights, it's not the most user friendly software for  those who are visually impiared, like myself.   LOR  also has some issue but not to the same extent.  I have view the LO|R PE and it just seems a little easier to follow for myself. 

9 hours ago, mpageler said:

While I have used xlights, it's not the most user friendly software for  those who are visually impiared, like myself.   LOR  also has some issue but not to the same extent.  I have view the LO|R PE and it just seems a little easier to follow for myself. 

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, but we have one gentleman who is extremely visually impaired that uses xlights daily.