Light-O-Rama Forums

18-2 lamp cord

jfelix

I have a chance to buy 500 ft of 18-2 lamp cord for $18. I am not sure if I should buy it. I already bought 75f0 feet of 16 gauge lamp cord and painf $50 for it. What woudl you do, buy it or not?

For sure, buy it. When you think you have enough, you always run out at a critical time. One of Murphy's laws, I think.

jfelix wrote:

I have a chance to buy 500 ft of 18-2 lamp cord for $18. I am not sure if I should buy it. I already bought 75f0 feet of 16 gauge lamp cord and painf $50 for it. What woudl you do, buy it or not?

Buy it Joey! If you don't want it I'll drive down and buy it from you for $25!

(Enjoyed meeting you at the GA Mini)

Ok I bought it yesterday. 500ft of SPT 2 18AWG UL rated lamp cord for the grand total of $19 and chane. Now I am waiting for their auction. They have a 250ft roll of 14/3 for $74 and a 250 roll of 12/3 wire for $144. Even at 50% of those prices I thought it might go cheaper at their auction.

• 5 months later...

I was wondering if you could use landscaping electrical wire. It is 16/2 but it states that it is for low volt landscaping lights. spt 2 for about $85. Is there anything that is better priced?

Guest wbottomley

friskybri wrote:

I was wondering if you could use landscaping electrical wire. It is 16/2 but it states that it is for low volt landscaping lights. spt 2 for about $85. Is there anything that is better priced?

You can't use landscaping wire.

Just as it stated, "low voltage."

Creative Decorating has spt 1 pretty cheap.

500ft roll of green for $39.99.