Light-O-Rama Forums

Issue with lag in pixie16

brichi

just made a pixel node sign, 416 (32x13) pixels in a net all connected to a LOR pixie16 taking up only 5 ports on the pixie. Added it to my other signs layout so its just a background sequence while it plays. Issue is whenever theres a high point in a song and all the lights are going crazy the sign starts to lag and look like crap, I checked that theres no interfering channels and such and can't figure out why this does this. Is it because its a background sequence so theres more precedence set on the main show? I attached a video, you can see once stuff kicks in the sign distorts

My Pixie16 controller also lags on my 12 String Pixel String/100 pixels a Strand. Don't understand what it is. I didn't find any conflicts either as I am running 500k also on the same network with 2 CTB16 AC controllers.

im running 500k enhanced. 8 total controllers ranging from pixie 4's to 16's

Preview Name: MAIN LAYOUT

Number of Master Props: 36
Number of Sub-props: 0
Number of Hidden Props: 0
Number of Bulbs: 2,624
Number of Channels: 7,872
Number of Groups: 10

If all that is on one network then you will probably need to break it down into two networks. You could always try bumping up to 1,000k speed if all your controllers can handle it (current Pixies and Pixcon).

yes it is all on 1 network. looks like just pixcon 16s can handle 1000, most of mine are pixie 4 and 8

can I change it to 1000 while the show is currently running? don't want to have to stop and reboot while people are watching, also if I change it to 1000, what happens to the pixie 4's, do they just continue work at 500 if thats all they can handle or with they turn off?

Edited by brichi

I have a second USB to ethernet LOR adapter so I guess I can run the signs pixie16 on its own network off that one maybe. Sucks that the show is on right now so I can really mess with anything

3 minutes ago, brichi said:

can I make that change live do you know or I would need to reboot/restart the program?

That I am not sure about.

ok, thanks for your help man, I'm going to try 1000 first and if that doesn't fix it ill throw the sign on its own network

well unfortunately neither worked, I have the network at 1000 and on AUX A and last night when I got how the sign was lagging and stuttering like crazy, looked so bad. Any ideas?

Im running 100 pixel nodes per port, 5 ports being used on a 7 hour animation sequence that just scrolls the radio station and for people to enjoy the show

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 5:50 PM, Mr. P said:

Pixies and the Pixcon16 can handle 1,000k but nothing else.

Only the new pixies with the dip switches can run at 1000k. Unless there's something I haven't heard about. I'm not even sure if the beta firmware has been released on the new pixies yet. 

I have 1 running beta and 4 running non beta. I cannot tell any dif, no problems.

Mine can only run 500K but for Christmas I am running 8 networks.

~ Brichi  whats the distance from controller to prop(s)?

As Mr. P said, 7872 pixels on a single 500K network is WAY too much.  You didn't say what devices are carrying how many channels, but at 500K, evenly splitting into two networks is almost 4,000 channels per network which is pretty high.  At least if you can't go to 1000K speed and/or can't evenly split things up, I would look at three networks.  Lag in shows is usually a result of network congestion.

The other one is CPU load.  Bring up task manager on the computer running the show and watch the graphs for CPU load and memory.  I found in 2015 that my old and slow show computer was running out of CPU horsepower.  I was able to solve the problem back then by switching to intensity files, but this year I replaced the computer.

my CPU is running really low, peaks at like 20% and thats if I have teamviewer on to remote in so the PC runs perfectly fine

the sign is on its own network, AUX A, nothing else is on it so theres no way its near a peak and nothing on the regular network is lagging.

I have a pixie16 gen2 with 5 ports being used, 416 pixel nodes put through a holiday Coro net and then laid out as a matrix in S5, It looks cool and the effects look grade but scrolling text looks so jumpy

• The topic was locked