Light-O-Rama Forums

Strange issue with older controller (blue board)

Al Saunders

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are doing well. I need some help please.

I have several Gen 3 pro controllers and 1 older pro controller that has the blue board and white dials to number the unit. I hooked up this older controller and two of the Gen 3 ones. When I turned on the older one the red indicator led is blinking but when I turn on the next controller that is daisy chained to it the red led goes out. I also noticed the mini trees that the controller is hooked to were very dimly lit. They are the full wave LED lights  but were very dim. None of the controllers are hooked up to my laptop yet and it was beginning to rain a little but none of the other controllers were lighting up anything as if rain/moisture was getting in. I haven't swapped the cat5 cable yet to test that.

Anyone have any idea what might be going on?

I'll add too that obviously this is an older controller and we did just move on 10/21 and even though I tried to keep an eye on all my controllers I did not have them in sight the entire time especially on the moving truck that was loaded by the moving guys.

I do have other Gen3 controllers I can swap out but I was just wondering what might be going on. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Al

I suspect a mis-wired CAT5.  In addition to the RS485, there is AUX power

OR Your second controller is not fully powered. remember, 1 banks power also powers the circuitry. Blown/loose  fuse?

Thanks for the reply. I need to try another cat5 cable. The one I am using was premade and will use another premade so I'm not sure it's mis-wired but you never know.

Actually due to this being a new house for us I need to run two controllers off of one outlet and the third on another that I'm pretty sure is on a separate circuit. But most all of my lights are LED so I should be fine.

I'll test tonight or tomorrow evening.

Thanks again, The Ducks :)

Al

I also suspect a cable or comm port problem. Try a different cable and also change the order that they are connected to each other.