Light-O-Rama Forums

Music but no lights

Knightgod

Hello all, running show for a few years now. Put up and out everything as usual but SE not showing any lights. HE finds controllers and will operate lights but SE will not. Norton and WiFi is off as usual. COMM3 and channel configs all the same. 

SE v4.3.24 Pro

3 CTB16 PCG3’s

Frustrated and panicking, thanks for any advice. 

Yes, HU closed before opening SE. Showing COMM listening (blue square) bottom right of SE displayed. Solid green light inside all 3 CTB16’s. Have tried operation of individual CTB’s with SE and just music/no lights 

Only thing I’ve altered or added this season is an attempt on a Pixi16D controller. Added “but not currently connected “ as a 4th Unit ID so I could test some sequencing created on SS. That’s only thing I’ve done since the show of last year. 

1 hour ago, Knightgod said:

Yes, HU closed before opening SE. Showing COMM listening (blue square) bottom right of SE displayed. Solid green light inside all 3 CTB16’s. Have tried operation of individual CTB’s with SE and just music/no lights 

If you're hearing music and no lights, it's either the Control Lights isn't checked or incorrect channels on the channel config.

Thank you for your response to my post SH. Unfortunately, “control lights” are checked, as they have always been and the channels are configured and appear on the SE as they have always been. I suppose I’m SOL for this years Xmas show until I get it str8. I’ll just keep plug’n away. 

49 minutes ago, Knightgod said:

Thank you for your response to my post SH. Unfortunately, “control lights” are checked, as they have always been and the channels are configured and appear on the SE as they have always been. I suppose I’m SOL for this years Xmas show until I get it str8. I’ll just keep plug’n away. 

When I move / exchange my USB->485, it can get a different COM port.  The Network utility assigns COM# to the LOR Regular, AUX A, AUX B...  (and speed, and if enhanced mode)

Those alignments may need adjustment using the network utility to match the channel assignments of prior shows.. (Change the ports or change the shows and hope you don't have a bit of both)

Thanks Duck.. I hadn’t bothered looking at my speed/enhanced settings for channels as I wouldn’t thought they would change without being forced on my end. I will definitely recheck those settings after I get back from office.