Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel Config question

jfelix

Ok, I have not messed with S2 much. I played with a sequence and now am ready to start the new ones. Now if I remember in LOR I when you imported the channel config it popped the channels and timing in the new musical sequence.

Well I am now trying to do the same thing in S2 and it is not working the same. When I tell it to enter 112 channels it puts in 112 witht he .05 timing then under it it puts in all my channel names with no timing at all, just one long endless row.

I did copy and paste the timing in from the new channels but this does not seem right. What am I doing wrong? This is year 3 and I feel stupid that I am having issues with this. I have 112 channels on 7 seperate tracks.

In the Edit menu of the Sequencer, select Preferences, then, depending on whether you are doing a musical or animation sequence, select the appropriate New Animation or New Musical preference. See which radio button is selected, it's probably "Don't Add Any Timings." Change it to whatever timings you want to enter and save it. Then, export your channel configuration and the next time you start a new sequence, you can import it and everything will be the same.

It is set correctly but still not working. For some reason my saved cahnnel config s not replacing the 112 new channels as in LOR 1. It shows the 112 new cahnnels then under it are my 112 channels with no timing.

Try making a new sequence but only add 1 channel, that is the minimum, then import your channel configuration of 112 channels.

See if that works.

Dennis

It seems the problem is importing a channel config that is seprated into tracks. I have 2 different channel configs saved, 112 w/o tracks and 112 w/ tracks. If I import the one w/o the tracks it works just fine. If I import the channel config w/tracks the first track will overwrite the first few channels, and the other 6 tracks are placed under the 112th channel without the .05 timing.

I giess you cannot import channel configs that are seperated into tracks?

Thanks Denny. i actually read the first link you posted yesterday when I searched the topic. The second link though I did not see. But that is what I ended up doing was copying and pasting timing. I thought maybe I was doing something wrng r missing something, but I guess I was not.

Not sure if I like this though. You would think it would overwrite the channels, then if you wanted to change timings in a track you could just change the timing. Oh well, nothing is every 100% the way you would like it, but not to hard to work around. Thanks again.