Light-O-Rama Forums

Tweaking event timing

Severex

I have searched the LOR S2 help file and this forum and still cannot figure how to do what I used to do on LOR I.

In LOR I, after using the tapper, I would display the wave form and drag the timing points to exactly where I wanted them. When I would drag the timing point, the event would move as well. In LOR S2, the timings and the events have been disassociated and when you drag the timing, the event does not move. I can see this is an advantage/necessary for using the cool paste by cell or time mode, but right now I feel like I am having to do extra work to do the same thing I did in LOR I. I now have to drag the timing and then re-insert the events that I want to occur at that timing point.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

It would be nice if there were a setting similar to Paste by Cell / Paste by Time, except it would be called something like Drag by Cell / Drag by Time. There are times when you want the "Drag by Cell" behavior that the LOR I sequence editor has.

Oh, and one suggestion to help mitigate this a little until we do add in the option:

Before you drag a timing, you could select a range around the timing (both sides of it), on all channels, copy that whole range, then drag, then paste.