Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble Getting Show To Work on SD card

JamesG

I am trying to write my show onto a SD card and am having trouble. I started with a 8GB Sandisk card and went through the Hardware Utility to create the card for my show director. When I put the card into the director the light turns to solid red however my professional controller (Unit #1) says no comm and I get no lights or music. I have a premade show from LOR and put that card into the director and the show comes right up and the controller stays at L-01 (unit ID of that controller). I then thought maybe it was the card itself so I copied the LOR supplied content onto my computer desktop and then deleted the content off the card so it was empty. I then tried to create another show using the LOR SD card. The hardware utility says the card was created however when i take it out and insert the card into the director I get the same no comm from my controller and no lights outside like I got with the Sandisk card. I take the card back to my computer and remove the content I wrote onto it and reload it with the LOR show that was supplied and everything starts back up again (lights, controller, etc.)

I contacted the Help Desk and they had me download the free sequence from the website and use that. I wrote it to the LOR SD card and that plays fine. So I can write to an SD I guess. I recontacted Help Desk and they said to look at my channel configuration and compare it to the free sequence and it looks the same. Both using LOR controllers, UNIT IDs and channels are correct.

What am I missing? 

I have the following: LOR 160x controller, CTB16PC, ShowTime Central with Mini Director, 12 ribbon tree with Pixie 16 controller , LOR Suite Advanced, Superstar 24 channel.

Channel Config- Cant Stop.PNG

Channel Config- LOR Free.PNG

First thing to do is DUMP the Sandisk Card. LOR even states "not to use a Sandisk card". Also from personal experience don't use PNY since you have some pixel controllers. They "highly recommend" Kingsdin.

JR

You also are using the same units to control multiple items. Its fine if by design but if you are expecting different zones you have problems.

JR

Your pixie controller is not even shoing in your config.

Please read my thread "Pixie Configuration Tips and Advice". You have multiple problems to include your choice of card. I am very very surprised the HD did not tell you to ditch the Sandisk card, unless you left that part out.

I cannot believe the HD let that pass. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 11/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, dibblejr said:

Your pixie controller is not even shoing in your config.

Please read my thread "Pixie Configuration Tips and Advice". You have multiple problems to include your choice of card. I am very very surprised the HD did not tell you to ditch the Sandisk card, unless you left that part out.

I cannot believe the HD let that pass. 

JR

I did ditch the SanDisk card and was using the LOR supplied Kingston card for everything after my initial try. This is called out in my post. I finally got it to work after several more tries. I didnt change anything so not sure what the issue was but seems to be working now.

6 minutes ago, JamesG said:

I did ditch the SanDisk card and was using the LOR supplied Kingston card for everything after my initial try. This is called out in my post. I finally got it to work after several more tries. I didnt change anything so not sure what the issue was but seems to be working now.

If you got it to work what is your current problem?

As stated based on what you are showing in your config your pixie16 will not work.

Not sure what you are trying to ask here. Before you can play and view a show your controllers have to be configured "to your specific configuration". LOR, yours. mine and 50% of the members here will have a different channel config and just purchasing a sequence that is written does not mean it will play on your particular show. You still have work to do unless you have exactly the same units as the LOR purchased sequence.

The first step is unit/ channel config. Until those are done nothing will work correctly.

Please fine tune your question(s). Explain what you are expecting to happen and what is not happening along with which controller(s) are not working as expected.

JR