Light-O-Rama Forums

Talking Jack O Lantern

thebaronn

Hello!

I am planning a little Halloween display and will have a big talking jack o lantern. I was wondering if anyone that has done one would share any insight as to how many different mouth positions they had to use.

Any help would be great!

Thank you

Eric

Awesome job. Great effect on the singing pumpkin mouth. Just cant say enought about it all.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I completed a talking head which is a little over 8 feet high. I used rope lights to complete it. It took 8 channels to operate it.

3 channels for the eyes (closed, open, red eyes)

5 channels for the mouth. (closed, part open, medium open, fully open, "O" sound)

It works great.

Tom L.

Crazytrain,

Give me a couple of weeks on the video. Still creating 3 large talking tombstones (mouth on-off type - not like the talking face) to go with the talking 8 ft. face. I can also send a sequence.

I'll need your e-mail address later to do so.

Tom L.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom...

What did you build your talking face on? I was just about to start building something simular and being this my first one, not sure what materals would be best? Wood, PVC, ect?

Mine is not 8ft! More like 4ft.

My project was built with a 3/4" PVC frame and covered with dark green 2x4" wire fencing. it was 4'x6' for the mouth and same size for the eyes. its hinged together with plastic ties and folds up to 6'x8'.

Tom L.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to take a large blown pumpkin (20" tall) and basically split the inside in half and make a solid seperation bewteen the eyes and nose from the mouth. So I can use 1 light for the eyes/nose and 1 light for the mouth...to make it look like a talking mouth instead of the whole pumpkin lighting up. Like in the first vidoe of this post. Any idea how I can do that? What can I use for the seperation.