Light-O-Rama Forums

Blinking green lights

CindyEMoore

I have 5 lor controllers 2 ccr controllers and 2 e131 controllers.  I ran the my show last night with now problems.  Now tonight I have two of my lor boxes blinking green lights.  I have checked and power is coming in to the controllers I have check the cat 5 cable and seems to be find.  I have changed fuses just incase and still just blinking with no lights.  One box every now and then sends a signal to a couple of lights for just a second and then stops.  Please can someone tell me what has happened and how do I fix this.

Thank you

Edited by CindyEMoore

Sounds like bad cat 5 connection to me. As a matter of fact, my lightshow ran for two days then a 100' cat 5 failed. Other then that, all you can do is back track to a working controller, and trouble shoot all possible connection points

I had a problem with my com jacks in the controller this year.  The wires inside the jack had been pushed to the back of the jack and weren't making contact with the cable when I connected it.  Took a while, but I was able to straighten all 8 wires and the jack worked.  Check the wires inside the jack in the controller.  IF they are pushed back, I found a metal dental pic works best when trying to get behind the wires to push them out.  

2 minutes ago, namecipS said:

I had a problem with my com jacks in the controller this year.  The wires inside the jack had been pushed to the back of the jack and weren't making contact with the cable when I connected it.  Took a while, but I was able to straighten all 8 wires and the jack worked.  Check the wires inside the jack in the controller.  IF they are pushed back, I found a metal dental pic works best when trying to get behind the wires to push them out.  

this used to be pretty much a yearly occurrence for me and I would have to send my controllers off for repair.  LOR makes a "dongle" that lets you plug in your cat5 from the outside, no messing with the interior jacks and the havoc that occasionally ensue.  Can't find it in the online store but they do exist.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, caniac said:

this used to be pretty much a yearly occurrence for me and I would have to send my controllers off for repair.  LOR makes a "dongle" that lets you plug in your cat5 from the outside, no messing with the interior jacks and the havoc that occasionally ensue.  Can't find it in the online store but they do exist.

I wish LOR would incorporate those into their controllers. It seems every year that loose connectors seem to be a major issue.

http://store.lightorama.com/rjwada.html

Edited by Mr. P

• The topic was locked