Light-O-Rama Forums

Can you change a channels name after its configured?

Scrubs63

Hi All,

Well I have done it. I just purchased my LOR 32 Channel starter kit. The LOR sale saved me $100 bucks! WOOHOO!:D I downloaded the full version 1.6.15. Now my question is, after you configure each channel can you change the name or will that make the channel not control the lights outside. (ex. Change: Unit 01.1 to Icicle Lights) I originally named Channel 1 Icicle Lights before I configured it, but after configuring it the program named it Unit 01.1. Since I won't recieve my LOR controllers for a few days there is no way to test it. So I thought I would post this to get feed back from the more experienced users. I hope to be a LOR JEDI someday, but for now I'm just a PADAWON NEWBIE in training!:} LOL Thanks again Scrubs:cool:

Yes Scrubs,

You can change the name, color for the animation screen or even the unit ID # at any time. Just make sure you save/export the channel configuration so you can import it to another/new sequence later.

Hope that helps,

Tom

I usually don't worry too much about the channel names, numbers, etc. until I set up my show. As I set up, I always seem to change things around a bit in the yard and it becomes more efficient to run one circuit to a different controller than was assigned while sequencing -- my controllers are spread throughout the display and not in a central location. It's a simple matter to change them around in the editor.