Light-O-Rama Forums

Hellp!! comm listener

devmar

Getting this error.  comm listener error 3: comm winsock error / 10061:connection is forcefully rejected

when i try to load the tray, commlistener comes up and starts to run this error.  I can not even get the list from the tray to stay up long enough to start a show.  Ran the hardware utility and finds com port and talks to controller no problem.  I have unistalled rs485 driver and reistalled.  I have unistalled and reistalled LOR.  Im able to ping my controlers on the e1.31 side but of course the lights dont work because the commlistener is have a problem.  Everything Ive been able to find on this talks about what to do if you dont have a rs485 dongle.  I do but am getting the error.  Please help!

MrP I'm not sure I know what you mean.  If you are referring to the bulb, of course I am right clicking on it.  Left click brings up a status window and where I'm able to see the error.

The only other things I can think od is checking the comm port in the HU and maybe try reloading the USB485 drivers. Other then that someone with more knowlege on this will have to chime in.

The last time I had it I did the following, I don't know if one or all of the steps combined or 1 individual step did it.

- Unloaded LOR control panel

- Open Network connections, disable local area connection (wifi was already disabled)

- removed RS485 Driver, unplug from USB

- Restarted

Re installed RS485 driver

Put into different USB port

Re-enabled local area connection

Hardware utility to find comm port

Clear sailing after that.

Thank you. I had tried all of this. I finally got it. I had conceited to set up another laptop that I have but discovered that the Ethernet port was not working. While researching how to get it going agin I found a comment that I decided to use on my show computer. I removed power. Took out the battery and held down the power button for 30 seconds. Then waited for half hour. I guess it demagnetizes and depowers everything. Powered back up and it worked.  I had shut down and restarted several times but didn't help. This would have saved me two days of pulling my hair out. 

• The topic was locked