Light-O-Rama Forums

Who has a firm publicized start date Poll

ItsMeBobO

Do you have a firm start date which can't be missed?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. My display is most like..

• Whenever its ready then I tell people or post on FB
    • Not everything is ready on day one. I add props or songs for a while after first light.
    • I am a destination with published dates and must be ready 100% on that date
    • Its firm just because that's the date I want to start.
    • I tell tell people a later date but plan on being up in test mode for a while before that.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2017 at 02:43 AM

Just wondering how many of us must have everything running 100% by a specific date?    Family coming for Thanksgiving?   Published in the newspaper?  

I have a try to get done by date, but, don't always make the target (sometimes the rain slows things down). I don't start the show until everything is 99+% working - I will allow a slight programming error or one dead string, but try to have everything working correctly before I start the show. 

My neighbors are already eagerly waiting for lights on...had one see me moving lights out of the van and was quite excited!

Promised for family Thanksgiving, but have mega tree parts delivery status according to FedEx end of day Wednesday.  Went to build show yesterday and can't find my sequences,  I know they are there. I will start deleting everything from my computer until I find them.

The show must go on!

We will be going live on Friday after Thanksgiving. We might not have everything 100% but it will be very close. We are using the same songs from last year with minor tweaks to accommodate the changes we have made. We may add a song or two as we work on sequencing...

My soft date is alwyas Thanksgiving Weekend; but last year was Dec 4th and planning on Dec 1 this year.  Thanksgiving coming early this year made it feel ok to light up a week later. Most years I light up sometime between Fri & Sun after Thanksgiving Day.

Friday after Thanksgiving.  

Only things to do is adjust the audio level for proper deviation on the FM transmitter and then plug on the Tune To signs.  Already have the cables run and hooked up, so about 5 minutes.  That will happen this evening.

Thanksgiving night.

But grandkids parental schedule says Wednesday night this year, They always look forward to a Turkey dinner followed by Christmas lights and a fire pit out front to watch the cars drive around looking at the lights. Lots of cars already coming by each evening to see if the lights have begun to "sing".

One mega tree left and route electric to lights on 2 houses, 8 others done and will light on time no problem.:unsure:

Keith

I used to do the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but several years ago I switched to Thanksgiving night since most people have these 4 days off and Thanksgiving day to me starts the Christmas season.

I've always done Thanksgiving night.  That goes back way before I started the blinky-flashy.

This year will be the first relaxed - with maybe a nap following  - Thanksgiving dinner I've had since I started with LOR.  

Edited by George Simmons

My first light-up date is Thanksgiving night, but depending on how much time/money I have left, I may tweak things a little bit and add a few more lights here and there.  That was easy to do with the non-LOR system I used before, but I'm noticing that doing that with LOR takes a little more planning (1st time LOR user this year).

I turn on Thanksgiving night. That's when the neighbors are throwing parties and have family/friends over so there will be plenty of people that want to see the display. One more 10 hour setup day ahead of me and then I'll be in test mode (A.K.A. "Why the heck isn't this pixel string working" mode). 

Our city has its Tour of Lights. All lights on NLT Dec 1. Its published in local new papers, magazines. This year I was asked to spearhead collecting of address's, cold knocks and just speak with the previous participants cconcerning  the event since we have new city leadership and last year the list was not published. 

My personal goal has always been Thanksgiving night all lights on. This year due to problems through Halloween I am way behind so I am shooting for the Cities 1 Dec date.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

my lights have always turned on November 1st. I take all the halloween stuff down as soon as the kids are done trick-r-treating (8-9pm) and the night of NOV 1 i flip the switch. This is my first year of LOR so i started putting up at the end of august. With the Cleveland weather this winter i'm glad i did lol. being the First year of LOR i did not start my normal animation until this past weekend mainly to test it all out 

I have always started on Thanksgiving night even when I just had a static display. With some extra planning back in January when I was planning the changes for this years show I was able to get this year up and ready 8 days early. Just need to put out my signs and adjust a couple of timers and JINGLE BAM! I'm up and running.

Happy Holidays and may your display Glow Merry and Bright

• The topic was locked