Light-O-Rama Forums

Best software option

Capt_Bill_USMC

I have S4, version 4.9 Basic Plus.  My show went great last year, no issues and it was year one.  I just bought holidaycoro's pixel tree, 16ch.  I hoping someone can recommend a software option, both LOR and non LOR to help me get up and running with my pixel tree. I know there are many options and I read the comparison chart on the LOR store site, but which one do I really need, given available time? I'm a retired Marine and a Realtor, so theoretically, I have all day everyday to work on this to flip the switch on 1 Dec.

Thanks in advance and Semper Fi!

Edited by Capt_Bill_USMC

You can run your pixel tree in e1.31 mode using the S4 version you have now.  You might have to upgrade you license to Advanced to do it...not sure.  You hook up the pixel controller directly to your network port on your computer.  Be careful not to get mixed up the LOR connection and the network connection......bad things will happen from what I've heard.  Holidaycoro has how to videos for getting their Alphapix controller to talk with the LOR software.

5 hours ago, Capt_Bill_USMC said:

I have S4, version 4.9 Basic Plus.  My show went great last year, no issues and it was year one.  I just bought holidaycoro's pixel tree, 16ch.  I hoping someone can recommend a software option, both LOR and non LOR to help me get up and running with my pixel tree. I know there are many options and I read the comparison chart on the LOR store site, but which one do I really need, given available time? I'm a retired Marine and a Realtor, so theoretically, I have all day everyday to work on this to flip the switch on 1 Dec.

Thanks in advance and Semper Fi!

~ Semper - Fi

JR

Thank you.  I m think I'm good on how to hook it up. I was more asking about software for building sequences using LOR.  Should I get advanced or should I keep basic plus and just buy the SuperStar Sequencer?  I've also heard I could use Xlights/Nutcracker.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Capt_Bill_USMC said:

Thank you.  I m think I'm good on how to hook it up. I was more asking about software for building sequences using LOR.  Should I get advanced or should I keep basic plus and just buy the SuperStar Sequencer?  I've also heard I could use Xlights/Nutcracker.  Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you!

Aready stated, you MUST get Advanced as Basic Plus will not play E1.31 whether you get SS or not.

• The topic was locked