Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie...clarification..purcahsing controllers during SALE

David Barnett

Hi Folks, well I'm going to try and take the plunge this year.

I'll hit the sale this Sat. I am going to start with 32 channels..like you say....crawl...walk...run!

I also want the MP3 shhow director setup. I think it would be the best for my setup.

So, do I purchase the MP3 controller, then purcahse a 16 ch. starter pack. I'm not clear if the MP3 is considered a starter pack or not.

Or, do I just purchase the 16ch. controller, along with the MP3 show director; and I'm good to go.

Is there a certain time when the sale starts, or just all day Sat the 21st. I ask, because I'm a professional airlinepilot, I get in late Friday night. Do I need to set my alarm for Sat.:)

Fianlly, I live in the Colleyville(right next to Grapevine,TX) area, that is a city in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. Do any of you live close to me, that maybe I could meet you and visit.

What a great bunch of folks. look forward to learning form you.

Best,

David

The MP3 Director does not control any lights directly, but will direct other controllers. So, for 32 channels you will need either the 32 channel starter package and the Showtime MP3 Director OR the 1602W with MP3 Director and the 16 channel starter package. Which one depends on your preference. The Showtime MP3 Director would allow for you to keep the director indoors and the controllers outdoors by the action. Might not be an issue in Texas, but in colder climes it's nice to be able to update shows without having to venture out in the cold/wind/rain/snow/ice. If you plan on keeping the controllers indoors and running cords to the lights, the 1602W with MP3 Director will cut down on the number of individual hardware elements you have.

As far the sale goes, it just starts on Saturday and will continue for several days. No need to set an alarm. They will not sell out. Only reason to get up early is if you just can't wait and want to get the hardware as soon as possible.

If you purchase the starter package, you also get the software and adapter. If you decide to go with the MP3 director and a controller, you will need to also buy the SPK-ST package to get the appropriate adapter and software.

Bob VandenBoom wrote:

As far the sale goes, it just starts on Saturday and will continue for several days. No need to set an alarm. They will not sell out. Only reason to get up early is if you just can't wait and want to get the hardware as soon as possible.

OK, I'll play your game... how early is early? At what time does the sale actually start? Does it start at 8:00AM? 12:01 AM? What time zone? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.

D.T.

Don't know. It has started at different times in years past. All I was trying to say is that this is not like the sale in February where there was a limited amount of stock for sale. All orders will be filled. So, unless you just can't wait to get your stuff (I think 95% of us fall in this category) there is little advantage to getting up early for the sale. I think Dan said it will run for one week.

Thanks for the reply. I have participated in the past two years sales, but in neither case was I in a hurry. This year is different though, as I'd like to get the hardware in place ASAP but still take advantage of the savings. Anyone remember from previous years what time the sale prices were "turned on"?

D.T.

Guest wbottomley

DownTown wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I have participated in the past two years sales, but in neither case was I in a hurry. This year is different though, as I'd like to get the hardware in place ASAP but still take advantage of the savings. Anyone remember from previous years what time the sale prices were "turned on"?

D.T.

Dave in 2006, it was midnight. In 2007, I believe it was 8:00am.

Can't remember from 2005.

Maybe we can all get online at 10:00 am and crash the site again...

As far as getting the equipment as soon as possible, I agree. My wife laughed at me for paying extra to have something shipped 2-day that was back ordered for 2 months. (But I got it 4 days sooner)

As to what exact time the sale starts, it probably won't make much difference since nothing will get shipped till Monday at the earliest.

Good Luck and have fun.

Scott

Hi David. I can't answer your sale questions, but yes there are alot of us that live around you here in Texas. Come on over to Texaschristmaslights.com and visit. I'm up in Corinth just north of Lewisville. We even have a get together tomorrow in Coppel.

David Barnett wrote:

Fianlly, I live in the Colleyville(right next to Grapevine,TX) area, that is a city in the Dallas Ft. Worth area. Do any of you live close to me, that maybe I could meet you and visit.

Hi David, I live in Flower Mound OTHER side of Grapevine. We are having a TCL meeting tomarrow (http://www.texaschristmaslights.com/dallas/dallas-chapter-meeting-21-june-2008/#more-125) 2 -5PM. Your more then welcome. We are also having a workshop at the end of July in Houston WELL worth the trip if you cna make it.

I also PM you my phone number feel free to call anytime.

Harrison